The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my first supra

Guest rickyspurs

Guest rickyspurs

hi all i have just got my first supra dont really know much about them i intend it being a track/drag car any info on best modds much help needed

Lose as much weight as you can and gain as much power as possible!!!!! You can't really have a true Track/Drag car, you need to make up your mind which you want, a track car will only need around 5-600 reliable HP and decent tyres/suspension etc for drag you will need a LOt more HP depending how fast you want to go. Like they say 'Speed is a question of money, how fast do you want to go??????'

Hi,

Can you tell us a bit more about your car please? Will need to address most aspects from brakes to coilover suspension and lots more. We also need to know what level of competition you are hoping to do as a good UK brake setup with race pads and updated discs could be ok for just the odd trackday etc.

As others mentioned, you can't have a drag and track car (well you can but it won't be more than average at each discipline). You'll need to decide which you want and then lose as much weight as possible as a lighter car is required for both types of racing.

I've had a hand in the development of the Whifbitz Time Attack Supra's so after 6yrs, we have learnt a thing or two and are still trying different setups now!! ;)

As I said at the beginning, let us know more about your car and what level of racing you intend to compete in. Both are expensive so a budget would be useful as well.

Guest rickyspurs

thanks for all the info and i dont know anything about it all i do know its a jap inport 3.0 manual and it was a cat d reg L51 HDV anyone know of it try and get pics up soon as i have no cam