The mkiv Supra Owners Club

smoky yellow lights

bullet_uk

cheers chaps big help will i need to do the inside or get away with doing the out side ill try all these ideas 1st if still no joy ill buy some new ones ive got loads of other stuff to get aswell lol as ive just pick this sup up very cheap needs a bit of a tart up tho

Crack em open, get rubbing with some farecla g3 or g6, on the outside...ideally get a rotary on them, then just hand polish the inside, be very careful where you put the compund on the inside as there are crevices and lines from which the compund will be very hard to remove! generally the yellowing is on the outside anyway, they will come up a treat. For added protection, laquer the outside. If your good about it, you will be able to do both lights in a day or two depending if you laquer or not. Job done :)

As above but search for headlight refurbishment. Meguairs PlastX finishes 'em off nicely. £800 + for new facelift lights and about half that for UK glass jobs.

£800!! Where have you been shopping :p

More like £560 for new facelifts- http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-lighting-c-42_47_835.html

But yeah as said, get a rubbing compound on them, a machine polisher works a charm too.

try some tcut on the outside first before you crack them open worked a treat on mine, do it every now and again, not had to open mine

I've tried this and the G3 trick a few times. Works fine for a few weeks then starts to turn. New ones are the way forward eventually but this is a happy medium in the meantime. :thumbs:

I've tried this and the G3 trick a few times. Works fine for a few weeks then starts to turn. New ones are the way forward eventually but this is a happy medium in the meantime. :thumbs:

I did my lights with G3, they have not yellowed since! Wind, rain shine, snow...it's seen it all. I laquered mine to protect, they came out like glass - they are still like that to this day. Panel Wipe is also another option, my mate cleaned the yellowing off my drivers side one with that stuff - crystal clear.

To be fair, you dont really need to open them up, but if you do you can always spray the inserts black, or whatever your preferred colour is. It really does make a world of difference.