The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My "OTHER" red button

justice

Iv'e had this Supra (95,tt,auto) for a few years now and I really need to find out what this red button is all about

on the other side, its wired into the fuse box under the drivers side footwell they go into the air con fuse, and all the switch does is turn the air con on and off

a while back before the garage got a hold of it the switch also done something to the ignition barrel and if the switch was on the barrel would not release the key.

its not causing any trouble, its just a bit random really. any thoughts on this?

I've replaced these wires with the correct fuse and now the ignition barrel doesn't release my key?

I had to pull the fuse to get my key out again, I don't understand how this works.

When its wired up with the red switch I have to turn it off to get my key back!

I would be looking along the lines of the park switch being faulty so not releasing the key. so they have spliced into the a/c fuse to add a switch themselves. Hence the a/c coming on when the switch is switched.

So if I look further into the wiring it should join into the parking sensor or something like that?

So if I look further into the wiring it should join into the parking sensor or something like that?

Try and trace back the wires they have added and find where they have spliced them into mate. Depending where they have spliced in will give you a good idea. Also check around the shifter for foreign wires.

No problem mate. You obviously have a problem with the circuit for the key release which is linked with the auto shifter. You may find a broken wire some where while tracing back. Also remove the steering cowl and check the back of the barrel although this will be easier by removing the panel below the wheel and right hand dash panel iirc.

First thing to do is trace the wires though as this will give you an indication of what they have got up to.