The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2JZ-GTE Twin Turbo opionion

Dim Sum

I found an TT Engine, loom, ECU, Turbos and etc. Mileage is 44k all for the price of £1,200.00, Its at that price because it of a friend that knows the people at the salvage yard. Its it good price? It should be a straight forward swap, more or less right?

I have a 6speed facelift with the big brake set up.

I found an TT Engine, loom, ECU, Turbos and etc. Mileage is 44k all for the price of £1,200.00, Its at that price because it of a friend that knows the people at the salvage yard. Its it good price? It should be a straight forward swap, more or less right?

I have a 6speed facelift with the big brake set up.

Let's put it this way, if you aren't taking it can you pass me over the contact details ;)

Then i will assume the Engine and etc are good for money, will it just in with no problems?

Yup, should slot straight in. Not sure on what other parts are required for a FULL transfer. I think the driveshafts may be a bit beefier on a stock TT. I also think the stock TT runs a much better diff, but if swapping for the larger diff you might need a shortened prop etc. I would contact one of the traders who do these conversions regularly (Dude, Keron, etc), very friendly chaps they are and I'm sure they will be more than happy to help out :)

just converted my na to tt(bpu) you will need engine,loom,ecu, power steering resevoir, tt throttle cable, tt clocks as the na rev counter wont work with tt engine, tt ignitor pack, it is all bolt in job and just requires small amount of wiring modification to loom where it goes into the na fusebox. also get the throttle control ecu as well it sits next to the engine ecu you dont need it but ive heard without it, it will bring up the engine warning light, if you have any questions just give me a pm- chris

We are talking a SUPRA engine here arnt we?

yes its a supra engine, I've checked the engine and car. Thanks for the information regarding the swap there is a lot that I didn't know was required.:)

I think I better make a list to make sure I have the other small bits.

Yeh thats a good idea as the small bits are hard to come across 2nd hand and are pricey brand new, as for needing a tt6 loom and ecu not sure about that as im running my 5 speed box with an auto loom and a tt6 ecu.. The price is good mate get some pics up, i paid 700 delivered for my tt engine and loom from a jap engine breakers