The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HID 8000k Bulb Replacement??

SaqTRD

Hi,

I've just noticed that on of my HID Bulbs on the Supra is gone. Any ideas where I can get a replacement that fits?

Theres a few on eBay, but not sure if they fit the supra?

Thanks

Saq

where did you get them from? i got a replacement from knightracer but cant remember how much, give them a try

I believe all the HID bulbs and ballasts are interchangeable, but I'm not 100% sure. Test the bulb on your working ballast as it may be the ballast thats gone, not the bulb. They rust internally and die quite easily if the waterproofing is not good.

:yeahthat: i had this problem but didnt realise it lol, ordered my new bulb tried it and nothing happened, then decided to check my ballist and thats what the problem is.

I brought them from TTints in Luton. But when I emailed them for a replacement bulb, they emailed me saying that since I got the kit 2 years ago, They would need to replace the whole kit as mine is now old?

WTF?

even if you have to replace them, i still recomend knightracer, theres kits are good and cheap aswell. my 6000k set cost £50, still try them first for a replacement bulb

If TTInts are local just grab a pair of 9005 (x)K bulbs from them, if not any other pair of HID bulbs will be interchangeable with their ballasts.

The Supplier for the GB also used to supply TTints as well.

Normal price on ebay for a pair of bulbs is around £20 delivered if you don't have any luck anywhere else. :)