The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you think I could pull it off?

marc_p

Tempted, arch mods would be needed to make them fit, but I've been looking at a lot of the mustang wheels of late as they share the same stud pattern, anyway, so tempted to take a gamble on these in fully polished or black centres:d :

http://www.wheelreplicas.com/wheels/45401652Mb.jpg

http://www.dragtimes.com/images-classifieds-large/17-x9-10.5-fit-Mustang-%C3%82%C2%AE-Bullitt-wheels-Cobra-DEEP-DISH-for-sale_290501066090.jpg

Yes I know I'm constantly changing my mind on wheels, I quite literally change my mind with the wind.

Edited by marc_p (see edit history)

To bling, whats the widths/offsets?

I'd be looking at something like a 10" +22 offset front and 11" +30 offset at the back, so wide arches would be needed but I've decided to just find the wheels I want then get some arches fabricated to fit when it gets sprayed.

Ahhhh my eyes !!

U wud look wikkid sik wiv dem willz innit bruv.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

Ok, a bit bling, but I've always been a huge fan of polished wheels on Supras:

Well I think there cool :tongue:

Anyway, a couple of pics ow the wheels on a car (albeit a mustang):

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/mustangtuning/2001-bullitt-green-or-black-mustang-gt-3.jpg

Edited by marc_p (see edit history)

Not my cup of tea to be honest mate but the black ones would be the way forward if you were to get them. Definately need a photoshop before making your mind up. I've seen similar work wheels on supras. They seem to suit ok but again not my style.

I think wheels like that only look good on a muscle car, the Supra isn't a muscle car. So I don't think it would suit the lines of the car body. And it's a huge amount of money to gamble when it might look sh!t, bbuuuuuttt it might look good..... You know what? Sod it go try it, be different :D

This is my opinion...

I dont think they would look right.

Curvy cars (supras) look good with square edged and or flat faced wheels (like the silver one above.)

Square boxy cars (like the mustang) look good with curvy wheels like the ones in the first post.

Its a bit like some cars suit bright colours. The zonda for example looks great in orange. Imo because it has quite a lot of flat angular faces. Orange supras look ok.

But black, storm blue, gunmetal and that jade green look stunning because the reflections show off the curves. Where orange doesnt as much as its already bright, same with silver.

White is the exception that proves the rule :p

Again, same with wheel colour. Black wheels on a black or white car look good as do white wheels. Silver wheels work well on any car.

But black wheels dont work well on a silver car for some reason, they just look strange as there is not enough contrast. White ones look a bit odd too on a silver car.

Dark cars again seem to get away with any colour. even mad lairy ones. Yellow or green for example on black i think look good. but i wouldnt put them on a white or silver car. it just looks wierd.

so the picture of the gunmetal car above with silver flat faced wheels is a winner.

a pink car with orange wheels like this would be a looser...

Those are absolutely hideous.

You say you like polished wheels? The ones you are posting are chrome :shrug:.... which IMO you need gold teeth for :D

They were all just sample pics, the monitor I was looking at them on last night is a bit rubbish, so I never noticed, these are the polished ones:

http://autosoundandperformance.com/images/polished%20bullitt%20wheels.jpg

I had the same CCW SP500's that the gunmetal car has.

I guess it depends how often you drive your car in winter, cos they will corrode, VERY badly, if even a tiny bit of moisture gets on them.

Car is never driven in winter, your's looked awesome with them on, how come you got rid of them, too much upkeep?

The CCW 505s and classics are both on my shortlist, along with another 15 set of wheels :D.

not a fan of all that chrome nonsense..... oh

:D

At least you can shut your bonnet ;)

Not a big fan of the chrome or all polished wheels look but if you like them go with it, you could always buy a set of o/e wheels to put on it and put the blingy ones in the house over the winter.

I was tempted to go all Chromey(?) with my wheels, but was luckily talked out of it for not only corrosions reasons, but also as a matter of taste.

The other reason why I would not go for the style is that I find them massively unpleasant to look at.

Personally, I'd rather have a dwarf come up to me on my wedding day and wee mercilessly all over my shoes - in front to the guests, than buy those things.

And so to answer the question, could you get away with it...yeah, you probably could :D

Edit: I forgot to say I'm not that keen on them.

Car is never driven in winter, your's looked awesome with them on, how come you got rid of them, too much upkeep?

Yeah, i used my car daily at that time. They were really too large for a performance car, it didnt like the slow lane of the motorway, so you had to stick to the middle lane.

Was so much happier with my Volk 18s.