The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Massive thank you to dr_Jekyll and nevins

Mike17

Just want to say the worlds biggest thank you to Craig and Gareth for all the stuff you have done for us over the last two weeks :)

Drove home in absolute amazement at how different it all feels!

You guys really do not realise how much we appreciate it...you have restored our love for the car when we were on the verge of selling it...now can't wait to spend the summer out and about in it :D

Once again massive massive thanks...also to Keron for the fantastic deal on parts and anyone else who sent parts/advise...

See you soon for the last few bits!

Edited by Mike17 (see edit history)

Haha yes they are definately cardiff's own batman and Robin...

The car was a bit of a state...the subframe was mangled from a previous accident, the turbo's weren't boosting hardly at all, loads of electrics needed doing, the brakes were shot...just a few of the things they have done for us!!

I can't speak highly enough of them in my eyes their complete genius's :)

Guest wantthatone

i remember you bringing the car over, the extent of work was alarming, glad your all sorted now, they realy are the business when it comes to supra! im back there soon. ls400 brake upgrades (ready for N/A to T) lots of other bits as well, they realy can cope with what ever you throw at them, remarkable! wel done boys.

:blush: Your too kind Amy. All we did was give the car a bit of tlc. Glad your are happy with it, and now happy to drive it again. Drives like a completely different car now doesn't it.

When you are ready to have the other couple of things done just let us know.

To the other members who have left nice comments, cheers guys :thumbs:

Thanks Gareth.

What did you have done?

rear sub frame, as it was bent in a crash. Also the rear arms were replaced as these suffered damage to. Was not boosting, issues with wiring, ill fitted dash (boost gauge, lighter, head unit and more). Was quite a mess behind the dash tbh. Also re run power feed for the amp as it was untidy and also dangerous. Replaced and cleaned up a lot of the piping in the engine bay due to oil ingress and perishing. Checked the turbo's over to make sure there was no unwanted play or damage.

Was quite a lot to do, but the car feels and sounds completely different now.

I'm really not being too kind Gareth, this car has been going to our local garages for services and mot's and all that for years and not once have they ever told us it was

a; dangerous

b; not running right

To have you guys tell us straight away what's wrong and be able to fix it is just brilliant...other garages just have no idea about them, or even usually what they are!! When we asked the mechanic who does the mot's why it feelt so wobbly he said these cars were just like that...seriously you guys are worth your weight in gold when we own this car :D

I'm really not being too kind Gareth, this car has been going to our local garages for services and mot's and all that for years and not once have they ever told us it was

a; dangerous

b; not running right

To have you guys tell us straight away what's wrong and be able to fix it is just brilliant...other garages just have no idea about them, or even usually what they are!! When we asked the mechanic who does the mot's why it feelt so wobbly he said these cars were just like that...seriously you guys are worth your weight in gold when we own this car :D

This is the reason why we are offering services in this region, for the simple fact the garages do not know enough about the supra. We have had a lot come in and should not be on the road, due to bodged repairs on breaks and suspension. We just want to make sure that the cars are well maintained and above all safe. Next time you come down there are a few things I want to have a chat to you about, as I am not happy with them.

This is the reason why we are offering services in this region, for the simple fact the garages do not know enough about the supra. We have had a lot come in and should not be on the road, due to bodged repairs on breaks and suspension. We just want to make sure that the cars are well maintained and above all safe. Next time you come down there are a few things I want to have a chat to you about, as I am not happy with them.

Blimey that doesn't sound good...!! But yeah that's fine we'll sort out coming back down :)

Cheers to Gareth and Craig who agreed to look at my car at short notice today. No more knocking sounds now, several things checked over for peace of mind, subframe bolts tightened and...my cigg lighter works ;)! no more sat nav woe ;).

Had to really try to get them to accept any money at all for the work! The car feels a lot more planted on the road now. The car is almost where I want it now, just a few more jobs to finish off. Keep it up!