The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm new :)

Guest BUG4LIFE

Guest BUG4LIFE

Hiya guys,

I don't currently own a Supra but it's a car I've always admired so I thought I'd join up and say hi.

I've certainly got a Supra on my 'next car' list but alas unfortunately I think it might stay as a car I'll never get to own, like an RX7. Mainly I think this is due to their rarity, as my Supra would have to be as stock as humanly possible, as late as possible [though a UK TT would be tempting], with pretty tiny miles...guess this kind of Supra is pretty hard to find?!?!

Loving some of yours though :)

Welcome along!

Patience is your friend in finding the right Supra. I was looking for a 5 speed NA-TT converted Supra in white (quite a specific search) with as close to stock features otherwise as possible and, alas, found exactly that. It took about 18 months to find but was very much worth the wait! :)

Guest BUG4LIFE

Yep, I have heard of Jurgen and the awesome cars he sources! I'm not ready just yet though, just doing some browsing :)

I've also heard of the import 10 year rule thing, does that mean from next year all Supra's from Japan can be brought over here???

Yep, I have heard of Jurgen and the awesome cars he sources! I'm not ready just yet though, just doing some browsing :)

I've also heard of the import 10 year rule thing, does that mean from next year all Supra's from Japan can be brought over here???

I believe so as production ceased in Japan in 2002 from memory?

Welcome aboard by the way!! :welcome:

Nice choice of cars as well and lots of us have soft spots for the FD Rex as well as the Supe obviously!! Lol.

Jurgen is the man as everyone has said in terms of well spec'd, low mileage examples so keep saving the pennies and you'll be able to get your dream car before you know it fella!

Guest BUG4LIFE
:welcome: what you driving just now mate? like everyone else has said keep on saving and speak to jurgen. it will be worth the wait ;)

I had to buy a sensible car just over a year ago cos my commuting jumped up to 60 miles a day, so at the mo I'm driving a 98 BMW 328 Sport [if you can call 2.8 litres and 6 cylinders sensible!!]- it's perfect for the role of motorway cruiser and didn't cost a bomb to buy in the first place. When my commuting reduces in the future, a Supra will fit the bill perfectly :)

Before my BM though, I had this...

Teg05 by rhys.hocking, on Flickr

I had to buy a sensible car just over a year ago cos my commuting jumped up to 60 miles a day, so at the mo I'm driving a 98 BMW 328 Sport [if you can call 2.8 litres and 6 cylinders sensible!!]- it's perfect for the role of motorway cruiser and didn't cost a bomb to buy in the first place. When my commuting reduces in the future, a Supra will fit the bill perfectly :)

Before my BM though, I had this...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2042/3678167731_98051a6f8e.jpg

Teg05 by rhys.hocking, on Flickr

I think your wheels might be rubbing..