The mkiv Supra Owners Club

unfortunate turn of events :(

Guest smokecheeba

Guest smokecheeba

hey peeps, unfortunately at approx 2:15 this afternoon i managed to beach my beloved n/a on a small pedestrian crossing reservation ( the small standard kerb height trangular shaped ones with the plastic/rubber square lit up bollards). minimal cosmetic dmg, just splitter ripped off and bumper creased at the bottom center, however due to the car being slightly lower than standard, upon impact with the reservation my radiator is pushed back and the left hand side of the front subframe is bent. are there any exploded part/chasis diagrams listed here on the forums? im totally gutted as i recently had the god awful veilside wing removed, stock holes filled and resprayed, i.e the car was looking imacculate :( hoping that if the insurance company is going to write it off it will only be a cat c, time will tell. but for now im just after some exploded diagrams.

Guest smokecheeba

yes, unfortunately me and 3 mates were not able to unbeach the car and then some nosey neighbour must of called the police and said i had to have it recovered asap as i was causing quite an obstruction >.

I always thought it was up to the owner to involve the insurance if it was no other vehicle involved or if both parties agreed to deal with out insurance. Was the recovery truck called by the insurance? If not just pay the recovery fee and storage and take it home and repair it mate, have a look how bad it is when stripped down and go from there.

Guest smokecheeba

bailey and nev you are right but i really am in two minds, because i dont know if it will be a write off yet, oh and not to mention i just got made redundant... so spare cash is not really flying around atm :(

Sorry to hear about your Sup. How did you manage to beach it, lapse of concentration/icy roads?

I'm glad your original thread didn't start like this

hey peeps, unfortunately at approx 2:15 this afternoon i managed to beach my beloved n/a on a small pedestrian crossing the reservation

Guest smokecheeba

yep, slippy conditions... and the only real reason i can think of is my process of thought at the time..... initial snaking out of a long right hand bend,at this point im just thinking i dont wanna bash my rims , then by the time i had sorted that the reservation was just far too close to stop in time, annoying thing is i was only doing 35mph max! just a shitty annoying turn of events :(

car before accident. pics of it beached to follow, once i can get my brothers bloody iphone to sync with my pc properly >. iPhone don't need to sync with your PC, just get him to e-mail straight from the phone or if he has photobucket app installed then he can upload it straight to photobucket and you can just post the link.

Sorry to hear about your incident today :(

Guest smokecheeba

i ended up crushing the bollard and it being suspended pretty much in the dead centre of the base of my car, rear wheels were not in contact with the tarmac by a few mm's.... well and truly stuck lol im pretty pissed off with myself tbh, and just gutted my pride and joy isnt sat outside looking pretty as usual :(

Guest smokecheeba

we tried to pull it off with a mates gto but it just didnt want to budge, i was messin around with bricks, planks, a big trolley jack all sorts lol. After 2 hours of failed attempts and then when the police arrived i had to get it recovered.

Edited by smokecheeba (see edit history)

Guest smokecheeba

lol, nasoup ive only just properly read your post.... funny as F&ck! if only it had my soup would be ok, not a child but maybe a midget, the dude from austin powers perhaps :p

we tried to pull it off with a mates gto but it just didnt want to budge, i was messin around with bricks, planks, a big trolley jack all sorts lol. After 2 hours of failed attempts and then when the police arrived i had to get it recovered.

Maybe the person called the police 'cause they thought someone had parked it there and you were trying to steal it! :D