The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Offland's big single and weight reduction build

Oddball87

attachment.php?attachmentid=138052&d=1314483334

My car as it stands Stock Twins BPU looking to hit 1000 bhp and get the weight down to under 1300kgs!!

I am planing to get this done by next year, I have listed some of the parts i maybe going with any advice on parts is more than welcome, I am also having a 6 speed conversion and respray.

I no there are lots of parts not on the list that i need, I will update when i no what i am going with. Wish me luck :)

ENGINE

SRD STAGE 3 CAMS

TITAN CAM GEARS

UNORTHODOX PULLEYS

FERREA VAVLE TRAIN KIT

BRONZE GUIDES

SHIMLESS BUCKETS

COSWORTH PISTONS

BC PRO RODS

ACL RACE BEARINGS

BILLET MAIN CAPS

ARP MAIN STUDS

ARP HEAD STUDS

BILLET TENSIONER BRACKET

NEW CRANK PULLEY

NEW WATER PUMP

NEW OIL PUMP

GATES RACING CAM BELT

GATES RACING FAN BELT

TURBO/INDUCTION

TURBO/ BULLSEYE POWER S383 BATMOWHEEL

HKS GT MANIFOLD

HKS GT 2 60MM WASTEGATE

4" DOWN AND MID PIPE'S

HKS TI OR A WHIFBITZ TI 4" EXHAUST

PHR 4" INTAKE

HKS RACING DUMP VALVE

COOLING

ETS 5" INTERCOOLER

SRD ALLOY RADIATOR

SRD TWIN FANS

SRD GEARBOX COOLER

SRD ENGINE OIL COOLER

FUEL

PHR STAGE 2 FUEL KIT (850 INJECTORS FOR NOW)

TUNING/ECU

SYVECS

DRIVETRAIN

6 SPEED GEARBOX

CLUTCH/

SUSPENSION/BRAKES

APEXI AVOX COILOVERS

TITAN ARB'S

CUSCO STRUT BRACES

MULTI POINT ROLLCAGE

POLY BUSHES?

K SPORT 8 POT FRONT

K SPORT 4 POT REAR

EXTERIOR

STOCK FRONT BUMPER (WITH CARBON LIP)

DO-LUCK BONNET

DO-LUCK SIDE SKIRTS

TRAIL REAR BUMPER

CARBON DOORS

CARBON BOOT LID

WEIGHT REDUCTION

Rear seats and seatbelts

All the trim

Rear speakers including speaker brackets

Floor mats

Carpet

Roof Lining

Double din head unit

Jack and tool kit

Spare wheel

Stock catback exhaust

Stock wheels

Stock bonnet

Stock suspension

Stock Front and rear bumper

Stock steering wheel with airbag

Stock Front Brakes

Heater matrix

Rear wiper and motor

Sound proofing

glove box

Aircon

Cruise control

Active spoiler

Charcoal canister

Lots of wire no longer needed

Cat's

ABS

Have already been removed and the car weighed in at 1400kg with a 1/4 tank of fuel

Still to be removed

Stock seats

Stock boot and glass

Stock doors

Aerial

Aircon compressor

Stock Rear Brakes

Stock Battery

Stock washer bottle

A few shots of the Engine bay before i started the build

attachment.php?attachmentid=138059&d=1314486117

attachment.php?attachmentid=138060&d=1314486139

attachment.php?attachmentid=138061&d=1314486157

4206_104750695165_725855165_3188904_5027068_n.jpg

40888_1644655803356_1445720771_31697565_8150436_n[1].jpg

40888_1644655763355_1445720771_31697564_2283319_n[1].jpg

67055_1644658323419_1445720771_31697584_2385025_n[1].jpg

Edited by Oddball87 (see edit history)

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice build spec. Good choice going with SRD.

With regards to the turbo, why not just buy a complete kit from Paul Whiffin, that way you will know it will fit and be compatible. Furthermore it will be under warranty and UK based.

May I also ask why you want 800 bhp? Are you looking to drag race the car or is this going to be a regular road going car. The expense at this sort of power is shocking. Just look at what Jamiep has been paying for reliable parts and tuning. Also what is your experience with cars at this power level? I'm going for around 600bhp with my single install although I will start at around 550 bhp having little experience with cars at this level.

Nice build spec. Good choice going with SRD.

With regards to the turbo, why not just buy a complete kit from Paul Whiffin, that way you will know it will fit and be compatible. Furthermore it will be under warranty and UK based.

May I also ask why you want 800 bhp? Are you looking to drag race the car or is this going to be a regular road going car. The expense at this sort of power is shocking. Just look at what Jamiep has been paying for reliable parts and tuning. Also what is your experience with cars at this power level? I'm going for around 600bhp with my single install although I will start at around 550 bhp having little experience with cars at this level.

Thanks dude. Good point it would be a safe bet,I have been told it can take a long time to get parts from the USA. What kit would you recommend from him that will see me the power i want? And dose he do any kit's that includes his new Manifold? There are so many turbo's out its hard to choose. 800BHP? Why not, I have always wanted a crazy power road car, I no its going to cost me loads but unless i win the lotto i aint getting anything faster than a tunned Supra. Experience wise no more than BPU but how else to you learn? I do respect the the power of cars and bikes I would never push it more than my skills can go. Plus i will be the same as you on power around 500hp for a bit because of my autobox, but i will be changing to 6 speed also.

Nice car, look forward to updates on this one.

Turbokit id suggest go with the new whifbitz twin gate kit with the 4" downpipe, best kit out there imo, pick mine up at the end of the week and i will stick some pictures up.

Good choice on turbo but they dont come in divided housing to make the most of the whifbitz manifold, im changing to a Precison billet 45-76 soon that is waterless dbb and comes with a range of divided housings, guy recently put down 1200rwhp with one.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

There we go - Listen to what Jamie says. He has been there and got the t-shirt.

With regards to a complete turbo kit aiming for around 800 bhp I would go with this:

Whifbitz S368 Turbo Kit

I'm a big fan of these kits. The manifolds look spot on and the most important part for me is having a UK based contact. If anything goes wrong it wont be a nightmare in postage and import taxes to rectify. This kit says it will go up to 800 bhp. It might be worth dropping Paul a PM and discussing with him your needs. He also does some twin scroll manifolds and can supply other turbo's if requested. Additionally Lee will be able to offer sound advice on what your spec should be.

Turbokit id suggest go with the new whifbitz twin gate kit with the 4" downpipe, best kit out there imo, pick mine up at the end of the week and i will stick some pictures up.

Good choice on turbo but they dont come in divided housing to make the most of the whifbitz manifold, im changing to a Precison billet 45-76 soon that is waterless dbb and comes with a range of divided housings, guys recently put down 1200rwhp with one.

Thanks mate i will have a look at that. Thats a shame will they not make one up or will that cost a shed load? Fair play thats a lot of power!!!

:yeahthat:

That's what i'd buy. I'd speak to Paul about specifying a suitable turbo for it. If you're a bit unsure about that power level, or just want to build upto it, you could get the mapper (i'm guessing Ryan given the Syvecs) to put a lower map on it, say 500-600hp so you can get used to it. Personally I think i'd rather start with a smaller, faster spooling turbo on the Whifbitz manifold, with a mind to upgrading later on.

Thanks mate i will have a look at that. Thats a shame will they not make one up or will that cost a shed load? Fair play thats a lot of power!!!

The 7675 is GT40 based, no divided housing from precision that will fit that turbo, Billet 42-76 or 45-76 dbb would be my advice if you want a 76mm turbo, tbh though they are a bit overkill for 800bhp, maybe a Precision GT42R-7275 would be better, 72mm, looks a nice bit of kit.

http://www.spracingforum.com/forums/showthread.php?101-Reid-s-New-Precision-Turbo-is...............

EDIT, just read your spec, are you staying stock bottom end? i suspect that wont last two min at 800bhp.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

:yeahthat:

That's what i'd buy. I'd speak to Paul about specifying a suitable turbo for it. If you're a bit unsure about that power level, or just want to build upto it, you could get the mapper (i'm guessing Ryan given the Syvecs) to put a lower map on it, say 500-600hp so you can get used to it. Personally I think i'd rather start with a smaller, faster spooling turbo on the Whifbitz manifold, with a mind to upgrading later on.

Thats my plan mate because of the autobox but changing for a 6 speed and untill i get the bottom end built. I was going to go with a small turbo, I had a GT35 but now i have sold it because i no i will want more power in the end.

The 7675 is GT40 based, no divided housing from precision that will fit that turbo, Billet 42-76 or 45-76 dbb would be my advice if you want a 76mm turbo, tbh though they are a bit overkill for 800bhp, maybe a Precision GT42R-7275 would be better, 72mm, looks a nice bit of kit.

http://www.spracingforum.com/forums/showthread.php?101-Reid-s-New-Precision-Turbo-is...............

EDIT, just read your spec, are you staying stock bottom end? i suspect that wont last two min at 800bhp.

Thanks dude i will look into them. No i will be getting a built bottom end, Again whats your advice on this? I am going to take my time on this build i am in no rush i want it done right.