The mkiv Supra Owners Club

summer meet

drift_bear

where would you like to go?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. where would you like to go?

• head across the skye way
    • head around loch lommand/oban
    • other (if you pick this, let us know your suggestion of where to go )

would anyone else be interested in having a big meet in june/july for a weekend? could meet somewhere and then go for a drive towards loch lommond/oban area. its got great views and alot of good photo spots? this will be open to everyone ofcourse and would love to see a good turnout! can sort out a route and etc, if we get a good enough response.

what do you all think?

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be up for something similar.

My plan at some point around then (July most likely) was to take a run out to/towards Skye.

i was thinking down that way aswell, it would mean that more of the southern scottish guys can meet up aswell (there tends to be more of them than us)

Skye is West ;)

http://www.lochalsh.net/strathgorm/scotmap.jpg

Good plan would be if folk from the South took the road up to Fort William and the folk from up here headed West towards Fort Augustus (ish) and meet up at a point from there then head across to Skye or something.

I only want to do this as I went there last summer using my mum's Ford Puma and it was ace fun so the thought of doing it with the Supra would be amazing :D

Sky is a bit too far IMO. The last time I went for a run out that neck of the woods was from Glasgow to Invarary via stirling, loch lomond etc, it really was a stunning drive. Headed directly to the pub up the top corner of the street, with the open fire etc, and got a cracking pub lunch.

The main problem will be that we are all heading from different directions. The Glasgow to Oban run would be a fair old trek too.

I would be up for something but I think it will be hard to organise. A lot of people say yes to things like this and then pull out, or worse just don't bother turning up.

Sky is a bit too far IMO. The last time I went for a run out that neck of the woods was from Glasgow to Invarary via stirling, loch lomond etc, it really was a stunning drive. Headed directly to the pub up the top corner of the street, with the open fire etc, and got a cracking pub lunch.

The main problem will be that we are all heading from different directions. The Glasgow to Oban run would be a fair old trek too.

I would be up for something but I think it will be hard to organise. A lot of people say yes to things like this and then pull out, or worse just don't bother turning up.

yeah i see what your saying scott, can you think of anywhere that would be good for everyone?

yeah i see what your saying scott, can you think of anywhere that would be good for everyone?

A place to meet up shouldn't be too difficult to think of. However, the main point would be to all be going a run together. By the time we had spent x hours in our cars driving to the meet point, I'm guessing most of us would just like to get something to eat, a seat and a nice ice cold pint :D

Coming from the glasgow/edinburgh and below line I would say Glasgow, through Stirling, Loch Lomond, Stop off at the Rest and be Thankfull for some picture ops and a burger and then continue on up to Invararay-ish or thereabouts. Would be 2 and a half hours + stopping time depending on traffic.

Oban is meant to be an hour or so away from Invararay so that, in theory, is easy enough. I don't think it normally works out that way though :D

I would suggest we all meet at invarary, get some lunch then all head out to Oban? It works out an unfair drive for you guys (about an hour extra give or take) with regards to time but it would be a good drive none the less.

Yeah I know what you mean bud. Some people will win, some will lose. I'm a half hour from Glasgow so middle of the road for me with regards to distance. I would definitely be up for it.

Saturday drive, pub, overnight then Sunday home?

that would be a good idea, means we can have a few more beers at night ;)

I'll maybe need to make a "tear it there myself drive" as I'll be taking a couple of Saturdays in Summer off already for weddings. I finish at 5. This could be interesting :lol:

haha like that time for the perth meet where you caught us up? :p

• 3 weeks later...