The mkiv Supra Owners Club

speedometer calibration

drift_bear

i have noticed after using the sat nav, that my speedo reading is completly different to what it says on the sat nav. It will say on my speedo that im going 70mph but according to my sat nav im going 75mph, is there anyway to re-calibrate it so it is accurate or anywhere that does it?

cheers

my old supe speedo, was reading 4mph faster than the sat nav

My bad read that the wrong way round. :( It should be the speedo reading higher.

Pretty sure your tyre sizes give the correct rolling radius though. I checked it out for just this reason when I got 18's fitted.

My bad read that the wrong way round. :( It should be the speedo reading higher.

Pretty sure your tyre sizes give the correct rolling radius though. I checked it out for just this reason when I got 18's fitted.

lol ok, i thought i wrote it the wrong way round so had to re-read it lol. is it an easy fix to do or is going to be a pain in the ass and cost a small fortune?

lol ok, i thought i wrote it the wrong way round so had to re-read it lol. is it an easy fix to do or is going to be a pain in the ass and cost a small fortune?

Don't even know if it's possible mate. Could your sat nav be wrong? Any chancew of borrowing one to compare the results before you go down the recal road?

My speedo is reading 10mph higher than the sat nav and the sat nav is correct.

When I go through speed cameras at 30 (on the speedo) the car in front gets away from me and the ones behind catch up. I don't mind though as this way I won't get caught speeding ;)

Also on the motorway if I put my foot down a bit, it makes me/passengers think we're going faster than we are ;)

My speedo is reading 10mph higher than the sat nav and the sat nav is correct.

When I go through speed cameras at 30 (on the speedo) the car in front gets away from me and the ones behind catch up. I don't mind though as this way I won't get caught speeding ;)

Also on the motorway if I put my foot down a bit, it makes me/passengers think we're going faster than we are ;)

lol least your safe for that element.............untill you race something worth while ;)

lol least your safe for that element.............untill you race something worth while ;)

Lol, I'm coming to Scotland! :D

My speedo is 10mph slow compared to the satnav.

I'd much rather have it the way mine is! Would the fact there have been larger wheels on there before make this happen? If it's been recalibrated for larger wheels possibly? I don't really mind at all as it just makes me drive slower :)

Hang on I think I got it wrong wY around. Lol

77 speedo is about 70 satnav. Faster I go the more out it goes. At thunder road my speedo said 180 but I was doing 165

Weird. When I'm going 30 on the speedo, the sat nav says 20 and it stays 10mph ahead of GPS up to 140 leptons. At least it's consitent ;)