The mkiv Supra Owners Club

securing battery in the boot

barneybrendan

If you still have your rear seats in. A optima battery fits perfectly in where the stock sub was behind the seat and when you close the seat back up it locks it in place. No way that will ever going to move anywhere.

is that what you have done.I need a new battery anyway and was thinking of an optima battery.Have you got any pics mate.

Billet aluminium cage for me, granted it isn't in the rear but it could easily be located there. Couple of bolts to hold it in place or welded as Gav suggests. Least you won't get any shorts that way :D

With regards to the battery relocation, how do you guys do it? Do you just run a cable from the fusebox attachment all the way to the boot? I can't remember, is there a seperate one for the alternator? Same with the earth or do you create a new one under the seats or something?

good idea but i think id just add a nice fancy ratchet strap over the top.I take it you just cut away or removed the faom section.at the moment i have had to fit my battery on the drivers side front so i have just one wire running across to it from the isolator i fitted.After a bit of reading it seems just one live feed running back to the battery and the earth to the body

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

Get a fused block with 2 x 4 Gauge and 1 x 0 gauge. Put the 2 positive wires in the 4 gauge ports and run a 0 gauge wire to the boot.

Earth the battery with a 0 gauge earthing strap to the chassis.

Would work out an expensive job that. The 0 gauge is ridiculously priced.

Where did you mount the earthing strap John?