The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra with better pictures!

Peter P

Hey Guys,

Managed to drag the old girl out this weekend and install the boot struts and refit the interior dash panels now my Thor Stainless Dials are all done! :eyebrows::cool:

I also gave her a nice bath and quick polish so thought it was a good time for some better pictures! ;)

Took some engine bay shots to show off all rob mitchell's nice shiney bits as well after he moaned at the size and quality of the last ones!! :rolleyes::D

The engine bay is still a work in progress as we have the inner wing polished covers, bonnet hinges and a few other things still to do.

Hope you like them, and please no comments on the Veilside bumper!! :rolleyes: I don't like it and will be replacing it soon after I fit my FMIC and have enough dosh to buy a new bumper and cover the cost of rob fitting and spraying it for me.

Cheers.

Pete :)

Edited by Peter P
Link to images changed (see edit history)

he has the front mount and pipes ready for it. looking nice peter, thats screaming out for a do-luck front or whiffbits stockish front bumper like dave's

You beat me to it! ;) FMIC has a nice set of hard pipes with blue couplings so should look nice when fitted.

Looking at getting one of Paul's own design front bumpers at the moment mate so watch this space! ;) should be easier for you to fit than Dave's one was as you don't need to widen mine!! ;)

Looks lovely, the engine bay is really coming along. Will look fantastic with a hardpipe kit in there. It's a shame those overfenders are blended as the veilside ones would look much better than the ones that are on there.

I would have a look at extending or changing the bonnet too as the fitment is really bad.

She's going to be a beaut though :)

Nice color for sure ! Sell me your trd strut bar !

No! :p;) That was one of the first of many things I bought off Rob and will be staying with me for some time!! Lol.

Lovely jubbley mate :cool:

Cheers! :thumbs:

Looks lovely, the engine bay is really coming along. Will look fantastic with a hardpipe kit in there. It's a shame those overfenders are blended as the veilside ones would look much better than the ones that are on there.

I would have a look at extending or changing the bonnet too as the fitment is really bad.

She's going to be a beaut though :)

Thanks mate. Agree the hard pipes will improve things no end and hopefully Jamie P will be able to dig out the fan shroud he mentioned he might have for me so I can hide the fan etc.

Didn't realise those aren't Veilside overfenders to be honest mate? :search: I do agree the bonnet isn't a very good fit, think I may look in the Ab Flung direction as that was what I was looking for before I bought the car.

Thanks for your opinions though as I take everything on board and things I agree with will be addressed.

:cool:

Thanks mate. Agree the hard pipes will improve things no end and hopefully Jamie P will be able to dig out the fan shroud he mentioned he might have for me so I can hide the fan etc.

Didn't realise those aren't Veilside overfenders to be honest mate? :search: I do agree the bonnet isn't a very good fit, think I may look in the Ab Flung direction as that was what I was looking for before I bought the car.

Thanks for your opinions though as I take everything on board and things I agree with will be addressed.

:cool:

A lot of people have fallen for it bud, the company really gets under my skin. They trade on ebay selling "Veilside overfenders", they then have the picture of a car with an actual veilside kit on it to get the sale. The ones they send to you aren't even close to the actual veilside ones. Hopefully it was the previous owner that got stung and not you.

Not sure if a bodyshop would be able to do something with the bonnet to get it to be a better fit, might be too much work though and be as well getting a new bonnet by that time. It's a shame too as it looks REALLY agressive lol.

A lot of people have fallen for it bud, the company really gets under my skin. They trade on ebay selling "Veilside overfenders", they then have the picture of a car with an actual veilside kit on it to get the sale. The ones they send to you aren't even close to the actual veilside ones. Hopefully it was the previous owner that got stung and not you.

Not sure if a bodyshop would be able to do something with the bonnet to get it to be a better fit, might be too much work though and be as well getting a new bonnet by that time. It's a shame too as it looks REALLY agressive lol.

Luckily I wasn't the one who bought these as they were already fitted to the car when I got it. Must admit I don't mind the look although I question whether I would have them at all if it wasn't a real PITA to remove them! ;)

The Bonnet is nice, and compliments the look but if I can't adjust it to fit better (the Clifford alarm went off all the time when armed which I think is due to poor contact on the sensor in the bay) then it will be changed at some point for the equally nice Ab Flung one or maybe a Whifbitz version if I can get a good price out of Paul!! ;)

They look ok to me. I would blend them more smoothly though

That's the problem, it isn't the blending that is the issue... it's the actual shape of the fenders. Veilside ones are rounded from the body to the outside of the arch.

It's hard to see from these pictures but these are the non-veilside copies. You can see the one on the top right where the shape goes from a curve to a downward angle. This is the reason for them looking as if they have been blended sharply.

attachment.php?attachmentid=124214&d=1292444912

These are proper veilside replicas...

http://www.mkivsuprastar.com/Supra/Other%20Things%20Done/Santa