The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Benkei's Supra

benkei

After a long trip to JM Imports yesterday, I had an amazing 4 hour drive home in my white 6-speed twin turbo beast!

I have just cleaned her up and taken pictures, but as my PC is still dead and I can't upload them from my iPhone, the pics will have to wait!

Specs from what I can remember right now are:

Top Secret body kit

HKS Priest exhaust system

Triple plate clutch

Aftermarket LSD

18" Genova Auto Strada magnesium wheels

Big brakes

Braided brake hoses

Apexi FC

Apexi turbo timer

Nardi steering wheel

Driver's side Recaro bucket seat

Passenger's side Recaro half bucket seat

She's amazing to drive! There is so much power and it's right on tap. Even 60mph in 6th gear, just half throttle and you soar upto and over 100 leptons in seconds!

Just need to get the wheels aligned as she pulls to the side a bit.

I want to give a big thanks to Jurgen for sorting me out, and will get some pics up asap!

Edited by benkei (see edit history)

Finally got my PC back! So I've worked on the car a bit and took some new photos to share with you all :)

So firstly, I just about managed to get the scissor-jack under the Supe and took one of the front wheels off to see what suspension is on...

It looks like the Bilstein shocks, with some aftermarket springs? Still, it's a REALLY hard ride! And I don't mean just a hard ride, it's VERY HARD! So my next purchase will probably be some adjustable coilovers to keep a good low ride height, but slightly soften the ride. Any recommendations?

As there was not much else I could do until then, I gave her a good clean, as she was filthy (joys of owning a white car!), then stickered her up with my Supra forum stickers (you can't see them in the pics :( ) and my local car club sticker! Enjoy :D

Super Clean Engine Bay!!!

It looks like the Bilstein shocks, with some aftermarket springs? Still, it's a REALLY hard ride! And I don't mean just a hard ride, it's VERY HARD! So my next purchase will probably be some adjustable coilovers to keep a good low ride height, but slightly soften the ride. Any recommendations?

They look like stock Bilstein/Toyota dampers with Cusco springs. If they are Bilstein dampers they'll have Toyota/Bilstein sticker on them like pic below. If the dampers are in good working order then you could make the ride more compliant and suited to UK roads with some softer springs such as Tein, Eibach or contact Chris Wilson.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1017/cimg00037nc.jpg

i love the wheels dude very nice car white is definately the best colour

Thanks! I wasn't sure on the wheels when I first saw them on the JM Imports website, but when I saw them for real I really liked them!

Love a white Supra! Be careful with the speed bumps with that front bumper though mate

Yeh, she's sitting pretty low! I have to go really really slowly on and off my drive because it scrapes! Looks amazing though, I'm really happy with it!

They look like stock Bilstein/Toyota dampers with Cusco springs. If they are Bilstein dampers they'll have Toyota/Bilstein sticker on them like pic below. If the dampers are in good working order then you could make the ride more compliant and suited to UK roads with some softer springs such as Tein, Eibach or contact Chris Wilson.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1017/cimg00037nc.jpg

The one I looked at had a tattered silver sticker which looked like it said something about JZA80, so I'm presuming they are stock.

Thanks for the coilover advice Nic, I've replied in the relevant thread. Once I've decided I can update here :)