The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance assessors.. help please

carl0s

The assesors have sent me a letter saying:

"we refer to our recent inspection of your damaged vehicle and request that you make arrangements to convey your vehicle to the premises of West Midlands Accident Repair Centre, Dudley, in order that they can compile an estimate for the necessary repairs. The repairers should forward this estimate direct for our attention."

now that's a bit of a bastard because this is the bodyshop I *want* it to go to, but it's like 80 miles away from me. Do I have to drive down there and back? Will I be re-imbursed for my petrol or time or anything?

Should I request a courtesy car right then so I can take the car to Dudley and leave it there?

any ideas folks?

I had a similar problem in the past, where the insurance company's body shop was too far away, I told the company that it was to far for me to go and they told me I could find a local body shop to do the work providing the quote was reasonable. Just so happens a mate of mine was running a body shop round the corner at the time, so it was far easier to do that. Most companies should offer you a courtesy car but i'm not sure about petrol allowance, can't see why they wouldn't.

Originally posted by nick_karkie

Have you heard the advert on the radio for Supreme Bodyworks, they say "Insurance companies always tell you where to go to fix your car, but its just not true, it is totally your choice where you want your car to be repaired"

That's right, this 'insurance approved' stuff is rubbish. YOU have the right to have your car repaired, where ever you want it to be. But expect them to be even less helpful than the usually are :)

Originally posted by Nick@TC

That's right, this 'insurance approved' stuff is rubbish. YOU have the right to have your car repaired, where ever you want it to be. But expect them to be even less helpful than the usually are :)

thats exactly what i told him and thats why he is bringing it to my bodyshop in Dudley ;)

LOL I'll be looking forward to a break from the fuel costs of my Supra.

I'm quiety hoping I get a diesel courtesy car - It's the insurers who sort all that out. They'll probably pick the cheapest rental place they can find in the area :)