The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Passed the Mot last week with only 1 advisory

Keefred

Which was 2 rear tyres on the limit, I thought thats pretty good for a 16 year old car, but couldn't see how I had worn out a set of rears in a year seeing I had 4 new tyres for the last Mot, again that was the only advisory and don't do more than 6000 miles a year, or so I thought.

I was amazed when I checked I have done a tad over 12,000 miles, now I know it's no use crying over how much petrol these things use compared to some other cars but I thought I would try and work it out, based on, 25 mpg and petrol at an average of £1.10 a litre over the last year I have bought 2179 litres or 480 gallons which comes to £2396 which is £46 per week or £199 a month, if it was 20 mpg which I think is more likely its £2996 a year just in petrol, probably more as my £1.10 figure is probably under as well.

So, in the last year, with the services and the 4 tryes last year, the service and the 2 tyres this year I reckon its cost me over £4000 in a year, that's without tax and insurance the cost of running the car is about £80 a week, probably £100 if I factor in the insurance and tax.

I am ok with that, given the sort of car it is and the enjoyment had from it, £100 a week doesn't seem too bad.