The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock lights

DauntlessEagle

Hey guys, I have recently just brought a Supra. When I have been driving it at night I have found that the lights are not as bright as I would like. Can anyone recommend some good bulbs ? Was looking at the Philips BlueVision Xenon effect bulbs.

I do not have the handbook for the car so was wondering also which fitting they are.

1998 Supra import TT

Cheers :)

I bought new glass Uk headlights for mine when I got it due to the originals being all yellowed. I was very surprised at how little difference it made, I was expecting great things from them but it didn't seem to make that much difference.

After I fitted them I took it to Kwiksplit to have them adjusted correctly and the bloke couldn't get the high beams to get anywhere near where they should be after he had adjusted the dipped beam and these were brand new lights from Toyota.

You can't adjust the high and dipped seperately apparently so I might have ended up with a bit of a compromise, the near side pattern looks ok but the drivers side seems low, probably so if I ever used high beam it won't be blinding everyone else.

If I ever get around to it im going to buy a set of Hids off the group buy on here and have the lights re adjusted to dip being in the right place and worry about passing the Mot next January when it happens.

Slightly off topic but can anyone recommend decent fog and full beam bulbs to compliment the 6000k HID kit that I already have fitted to my Jap spec lights. The current bulbs are way to yellow looking next to the HID kit.

The Phillips blue xenon lamps do the job but are nearly as expensive as a hid kit. I'd just get a second kit. Not sure about the fogs.

Hids are the way to go for the dipped ones. A huge improvement over any bulbs.

I wouldn't bother with converting dipped or fogs to hid. Hids take 4-5 seconds to warm up so not great if your in the habit of flashing your lights. And foglights are pointless anyway. The one or 2 times you need or should use them it's not worth it. And if you have them on in normal conditions your a complete tool.

That's one of my pet hates. There has been a lot of it this year. You don't need fog lights front and rear in mist in rush hour traffic.

Fog lights on a supe don't look "cool" or sporty like some other cars. They are just next to the dipped bulbs and do very little other than blind people