The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yellow supra

Dale B

Dunno about "chrome yellow", but you could get yellow ones, paint code 576:-

http://www.simonshouse.plus.com/supracolours.jpg

That's the facelift J spec colours you can get (silver and gunmetal have turned out a bit weird in that scan by the looks of it).

Don't think I've ever seen an original yellow one though.

I saw that one and thought it was real cheap. I'm working in Aylesbury at the moment, which I think is quite near so I might check it out.

The wheels aren't included (extra), so it would be interesting to see if the standard ones are.

If you check it out, let us know how it is Boneyard. What condition etc

As for yellow - I like it!

I'm not too sure about NA VVTI, I was 99% sure they were just TTs and added extra 25BHP but I'm probably wrong and well out of my league!

it should be a VVTi at that age but then so possibly should my old NA and Faye's (both 'R' plates) which aren't....

..........it should be obvious when looking in the engine bay as there is a bulge on the front right of the cambelt cover which should also have VVTi stamped on it!

i think i'm right in saying that the nA VVTi is the only sup that has an interference engine, so snapped cambelt = serious repair bill!

Originally posted by SimonB

A 99 will definitely be a VVTi NA. The VVTi came in September 97, so you can have an R plate car with a non VVTi engine, it just means it was made in August 97 like mine.

it seems NA's are different to the TT's..... my old 'R' plater had a chassis number that means it was made in July 98, but it wasn't a VVTi...

not sure when NA VVti's were 'definitely' brought in, has anyone actually seen one in the uk?

Originally posted by SimonB

The VVTi came in September 97, so you can have an R plate car with a non VVTi engine, it just means it was made in August 97 like mine.

The plate doesn't go on when it was made, it goes on when it was first registered. You can often have car that according to the plate are much newer than they really are. A guy at work bought a Renault people-mover thing that had been sat in Southampton docks for 2½ years and registered it as new!