The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cigarette Lighter Shenanigans

Sakey

I was playing with the cigerette lighter today and the bloody thing decided to try and set both me and the supe on fire!

When it popped, instead of coming out a little bit, it fired itself, glowing tip first, into my crotch and then under the drivers seat. :blink:

Is this a problem feature on all supes, or has mine just got suicidal tendencies? :)

Cigarette lighters should be banned in Supras. Who smokes in a Supra?

Each morning on my way to work there's a guy who stops off at the bakery near my flat, he drives a nice brand new R8 and I always see him get in it and spark up a cigarette.. It's just not right lol

I'm a pretty heavy smoker myself but never smoke in the car.

Loves the fact that the supra dash is configured around the driver, so even when the lighter decides to go ape it fires into your crotch! Imagine the fun you would have had if it fired into the back seat!

I think the clips on the housing mounted into the dash become weak over time and cannot retain the lighter when it pops out you could take it out and press them together as a temporary solution but best bet is to buy a new one if you use the cigarette lighter otherwise if its just for sat nav mobile phone charger then leave the original one in.

I don't smoke anymore, never smoked whilst driving and wouldn't want to risk using the lighter.

When he was younger my uncle pushed the lighter in on my Granddad's car and it wouldn't pop back out. Result was that the car was burnt out. I've never played with a car's lighter since hearing that!

While we're on the subject, any suggestions where I can get a replacement lighter (the bit that pops out!!). I don't smoke but just would look nice to have something in there rather than a hole in my dash. Course if you can get a blanking cap, even better!!!

While we're on the subject, any suggestions where I can get a replacement lighter (the bit that pops out!!). I don't smoke but just would look nice to have something in there rather than a hole in my dash. Course if you can get a blanking cap, even better!!!

http://www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk/products.php?section=1052

Google it, there's all manner of crap you can stick in there, including your peni....

I don't smoke anymore, never smoked whilst driving and wouldn't want to risk using the lighter.

When he was younger my uncle pushed the lighter in on my Granddad's car and it wouldn't pop back out. Result was that the car was burnt out. I've never played with a car's lighter since hearing that!

Same thing happend to me when i bought the supra. The day after i bought it i put in a motor factors lighter to give it my touch. It got stuck & burned all the wires for my air con, climate control, clock & anything else on that part of the dash. So a few pound later & a good auto elec & it was back to perfect.

Oh & i don't put cheap crap in my car now lol.

Same thing happend to me when i bought the supra. The day after i bought it i put in a motor factors lighter to give it my touch. It got stuck & burned all the wires for my air con, climate control, clock & anything else on that part of the dash. So a few pound later & a good auto elec & it was back to perfect.

Oh & i don't put cheap crap in my car now lol.

Lol oh man :D

I used to love playing with the lighter but don't think I've ever pushed one in since I heard about the car burning because of it!

Lol oh man :D

I used to love playing with the lighter but don't think I've ever pushed one in since I heard about the car burning because of it!

I'm the same, i'm terrified to put anything in there now. The auto electric that done the work said he's seen it many times with cheap phone chargers. Now anytime i use my satnav i'm more checking for smoke than looking at the road lol.