The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota FT 86 UPDATE

Noz

OK guys. Everyones seen the new wedge like supra that toyota and lexus models have been throwing about over the past few years.

The first i remember seeing was a lexus model. always a concept, never seeming to finally get a final showing before production.

Heres a link of the acticle on the Lexus LF-A V10 4.8L boasting a top speed in excess of 200MPH, now stop me if im wrong but a STOCK car with this much power would be pretty awesome modified.

LF-A Click Here

Article Publish Date: October 2009

A video was posted on youtube previous to this article, which was claimed to be the LF-A.

Where did this car go? It's like they've given up and thought they would make it smaller.

Next to be thrown around the online forums was an actual toyota. They named it the FT 86. Information started to come out just over a year ago. Youtube has multiple videos of the concept car all sourcing from the last 14 months. Was this a NEW idea or has it followed on from the LF-A?

The car had a review in 2010 from a site which can be seen here. The site claims the FT 86 was named after the ae86? Yet we all know that rear bootlid bump is supra style ;)

The FT 86 has a forum like our own. On here I found the best selection of photos I've seen to date. Each image could be presented as a background in its own right.

Here is the thread from the forum with a shed load of photos.

The car hasn't actually made production yet, and news about why has come about.

On Pistonheads.Co.Uk a new concept image has appeared. A new design has been made. Making the first spare parts??

To see the article click on the new concept image for the link. :-)

The FT-86 is a concept based on the AE-86, and no it isn't the new Supra ;)

The picture you've got in your post is of the second generation concept, due to be shown at Geneva in March.

It'll use a Subaru-derived flat-four engine, most likely turbocharged. It'll be RWD only, though Subaru may launch a 4WD version at a later date.

OK guys. Everyones seen the new wedge like supra that toyota and lexus models have been throwing about over the past few years

Eh?

Heres a link of the acticle on the Lexus LF-A V10 4.8L boasting a top speed in excess of 200MPH, now stop me if im wrong but a STOCK car with this much power would be pretty awesome modified]

It's a ~£250k it's not something that your average chap buys and mods.

LF-A Click Here

Article Publish Date: October 2009

A video was posted on youtube previous to this article, which was claimed to be the LF-A.

Where did this car go? It's like they've given up and thought they would make it smaller.]

Are you trying to tell me the LF-A doesn't exist? :search:

Have I imagined it going around the TG track?

Each image could be presented as a background in its own right.

Eh?

No sense = no clicky on link

was only trying to share a new article dont think il bother next time just get rip to shreds, obviously im just a mortal being!

There have been a few threads about the FT-86 on this forum, a search will reveal all. Some of us have been following the project for a few years, and know that part of your article isn't accurate. Don't take it to heart :)

Why be a member of a club for a car that at this moment in time, does not exist, you can not buy it, or drive it. Though if Mr T doesnt balls this up and make it a fwd hybrid that costs 40K i may be interested....

I've been a member for a while on there - I'm interested in the project. The name doesn't bother me.

In fact, I've spoken to someone who has driven the initial concept car about what it's like with the Scooby engine mounted so low down. He was mightily impressed, except he thought the wheels were too big (20").

It seems like its been ages since Toyota debuted its FT-86 concept at the 2009 Tokyo Motor Show. The sport coupe concept featured a front-engined, rear-wheel-driven configuration and would be built in collaboration with Subaru, borrowing a shortened version of the Impreza platform and a 2.0-liter, over-200-horsepower variant of Subaru's boxer four-cylinder engine--hence the "Toyobaru" nickname that's been floating around the 'Net

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-20029705-48.html#ixzz1CK29SFJk