The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2k aerosol paint

jackso11

I have been reading a few reviews on 2k aerosol paint and they seem pretty good. I have found places that sell 2k primer in a spray can and 2k clear laquer but can't find any 2k colour to go in between. Anyone know what to use? I would guess using a normal base colour rattle can would not be the best idea.

I want to use these to refurb my coilovers :)

No, normal rattle cans finish doesn't last half as long. From everything I have read people who repaint coilovers with normal paint and laquer end up needing to redo them again in a few months time. 2k is a much better finish, petrol proof for a start.

Ah. I forgot how much time I spend looking at and spilling petrol on my coilovers. :p

petrol proof for a start.

I think if you have petrol leaking onto your coilovers, you have a bigger problem than a bit of paint flake:d

Anyway, I use a place near Leeds/Bradford Airport that's really good and they do 2k Paint and Laquer in one, I'll try and find out what there called.

Cool, thanks.

There is no petrol leaking form my car but there is plenty of petrol and diesel on the roads these days. If you use normal rattle cans on coilovers I would guess when it rains and you get spray under the car it wouldn't take many months for the paint to be damaged and new rust to set in.

Basically I want to do a proper job and not a job that will look good now but need redoing in no time :)

Cool, thanks.

There is no petrol leaking form my car but there is plenty of petrol and diesel on the roads these days. If you use normal rattle cans on coilovers I would guess when it rains and you get spray under the car it wouldn't take many months for the paint to be damaged and new rust to set in.

Basically I want to do a proper job and not a job that will look good now but need redoing in no time :)

Get them powdercoated.