The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guest AeroRob

Guest AeroRob

Hi everybody,

My first ever mkiv is winging it's way to me as we speak on the back of a flatbed. In an hours time (ish) i will be a fully fledged Supra owner :D

I thought I'd use the free time I have to join up and say hi!

Oh and it's an Aero SZ N/A i know it's no TT but I've wanted a supra for years and had to make the budget fit. Look forward to meeting you all!

R

Hi everybody,

My first ever mkiv is winging it's way to me as we speak on the back of a flatbed. In an hours time (ish) i will be a fully fledged Supra owner :D

I thought I'd use the free time I have to join up and say hi!

Oh and it's an Aero SZ N/A i know it's no TT but I've wanted a supra for years and had to make the budget fit. Look forward to meeting you all!

R

:hello: and :welcome:

Congrats and welcome to the Aerotop club(a.k.a. Masters of the Universe) :)

:yeahthat:

:welcome:

Congrats on the new purchase! You won't regret it and as for the TT comment, you can get round to that by swapping your n/a lump at a later date when funds allow!! ;):D

Look forward to seeing some pictures in due course and hope your pleased with it when it finally arrives!

Bet your clock watching! Lol.

All the best,

Pete

Guest AeroRob

Hi guys,

Thanks for the VERY warm welcome!!

My car arrived a few hours ago and I've been driving since! I do have a few questions that may seem very obvious but i'd like to ask anyway.

As a new guy to both Supras and Automatic in general can anyone explain what Overdrive is and how it works? When i drop the handbrake fully down it say O/D off. If i don't drop it fully down it gives me a warning triangle. Any help? Preferably before I destroy my new car :/ !!!

oh and pics will follow but it just started raining :(

Hi guys,

Thanks for the VERY warm welcome!!

My car arrived a few hours ago and I've been driving since! I do have a few questions that may seem very obvious but i'd like to ask anyway.

As a new guy to both Supras and Automatic in general can anyone explain what Overdrive is and how it works? When i drop the handbrake fully down it say O/D off. If i don't drop it fully down it gives me a warning triangle. Any help? Preferably before I destroy my new car :/ !!!

oh and pics will follow but it just started raining :(

Click on where you wrote "Overdrive" and it brings up a page explaining it :)

Are you happy with it so far?

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

Guest AeroRob

Loving it :D

thanks for the link, makes a bit more sense. I think the confusion came in with the warning triangle. As it dosen't seem natural to drive with this showing and yet I dont want O/D off (i.e the triangle on) for everyday driving ....do i??

Loving it :D

thanks for the link, makes a bit more sense. I think the confusion came in with the warning triangle. As it dosen't seem natural to drive with this showing and yet I dont want O/D off (i.e the triangle on) for everyday driving ....do i??

If i turn the Traction control off on mine then the warning triangle stays on but I think yours only stays on because the handbrake is still engaged.

Guest AeroRob

Ok just took it out for another quick spin. The handbrake is def all the way off and the triangle is out BUT (there's always a but!) 'O/D off' is flashing on the dash. I don't want this off unless I'm overtaking or need more power (is the impression I got) so I just need this off and all should be fine....so how do i turn this off/on please?

Sorry if all this is really stupid, I' like a new parent and I'm just paranoid I'm gunna break something!

Guest AeroRob

Ouch! (Handbrake/light issue is sorted, and put down to stupidity).

Ok so this is getting silly the little button is found, If i push it the O/D light that tells me the 'O/D is switched off' comes on permanently. If I press the button again/push it the other way the light appears off but still flashes every 20 or so seconds instead to say 'O/D off'.

Help me :(

Guest AeroRob

Quick update...the OD def works as I just took it for a spirited drive and when pushing the magic little button the revs drop off and the car gains power. So I'm now wondering if the OD off light flashing when the OD is in-fact on could just be faulty wiring? Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated. Other than this little thing I'm loving being part of the Soop family :D

Quick update...the OD def works as I just took it for a spirited drive and when pushing the magic little button the revs drop off and the car gains power. So I'm now wondering if the OD off light flashing when the OD is in-fact on could just be faulty wiring? Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated. Other than this little thing I'm loving being part of the Soop family :D

Glad you're enjoying it. Now where are the pics?! :D

Ouch! (Handbrake/light issue is sorted, and put down to stupidity).

Ok so this is getting silly the little button is found, If i push it the O/D light that tells me the 'O/D is switched off' comes on permanently. If I press the button again/push it the other way the light appears off but still flashes every 20 or so seconds instead to say 'O/D off'.

Help me :(

That's right, when OD is off you'll see it on dash, and when OD is pushed other way it should disappear off the dash and shouldn't be flashing. So guess it could be faulty wiring or something. You'll get there in the end bud :D