The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car cover HELP wanted

Dnk

Jellybean, Hodge and myself are trying to find out if the Stormforce car cover will fit a TRD widebodied car, if anyone is in or around our areas and wouldnt mind popping round with their cover for us to try we'd be most greatfull ;)

Jellybean is in Ireland, Hodge is in Durham and im in the West Mids in Earlswood

Im going to get my mother to get her Singer sowing machine out of retirement and make me something, possibly socks or a scarf :D

You know it makes sense, I am sure we will get somebody near you or John !

Have one of the Guys in the States looking for a custom cover shop to measure up his TRD; will see what happens , one of these posts wil bring us some good news

I've just spoke to a guy at Hamilton Classic Ltd http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk

He recomended not having a cover thats a tight fit or with pockets for the mirrors, said its much better having air gaps around the car.

He thinks one of their outdoor covers could fit but their down in Hampshire (Reading) their covers £160 for a non tailored outdoor type but if you wanted fully tailored to fit then around £250

Dunk, hodge do you fancy measuring you car and I will measure mine see how close we are to each other, and outside the stock body only take a 10-15 mins

Anybody have a decent size Schematic, simialr to this?

http://www.wiringdiagrams21.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/toyota-supra-body-electrical-system.png

I could measure my car but possibly better to do a side view with front and rear views then just dimesion like you would an engineering drawing

I could take 3 pics from each angle then add the dimensions.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I could measure my car but possibly better to do a side view with front and rear views then just dimesion like you would an egineering drawing

I was just thinking as close to engineers drawing too

so

Width (front and rear) I reckon at rear wheel to rear wheel is where she is widest and front wheel to front wheel plus a front bumper to rear bumper measurement I reckon will give us a good idea

I still say no chance of it fitting, that picture of mine dont show the complete story either, it wont cover my stock front bumper unless it rides up at the back, and its also pulled right down on the side you can see to protect the wheels from where Lee is working, the other side it rides right up the wheels.