The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Door Graphics !?

Kitt

Some of you may think door graphics are sad, others may approve, in any event I have just got some and need some advice from anyone who has fitted these themselves. ( by door graphics I mean HKS, RSR stickers etc as opposed to full-on Fast & Furious ones ! )

Anyway, the stickers came in a complete strip and I also ordered a clear waterproof sheet which is meant to stop them being damaged by cleaning, rain, snow etc ...

Once I put the main stickers on the door and peel off the front sheet the stickers will look like they are individally stuck on, but I am reluctant to then place the waterproof sheet over them as I would have thought this would look odd as surely you would still see the overall outline of this waterproof sheet.

I expect I am boring most people now but has anyone used the waterproof sheet before, or have you simply stuck the actual stickers on without it. ( + any other top tips for ensuring they go on straight ! )

:sex:

Here's mine:

From http://www.SupraStar.org

http://www.david.c.c.btinternet.co.uk/Resources/supra3.jpeg

Are the graphics vinyl cut ie. cutout letters on a sticky back plastic sheet with a release sheet or plastic backing paper

or

letters on a transparent sheet like the freebie sticks you get in magazines like maxpower with a transparent boarder around the edge?

I've been doing vinyl graphics for 8 yrs and never heard of a waterproof sheet you attach ontop of the original graphics

Id guess,.. attach the actual stickers on without it.

TOP TIP: (If you have VINYL type)

1st. CLEAN THE AREA (with warm water - Don't polish or wax)

2nd. Find a empty window spray/washer bottle and add 3 small drops of washing up liquid to 1/2pint of warm water.

3rd. Fit the graphics to the desired location on the car and run a small amount of masking tape along the bottom edge.

4th. Flip the graphic over using the masking tape as a hinge and remove the backing sheet (so glue is exposed). lightly spray the warm water onto both car and sticker. Fold over the graphic to fix and gently push out the water with a creditcard wrapped in kitchen towel. Try and get all the water and air out. TAKE YOUR TIME!!! DON'T RUSH IT

5th. let the sticker dry for a day or so before removing backing sheet.

Job Done!!!!

Try not to rub graphics hard when cleaning.