The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best BOV to buy?

st1989

hi guys, ive discovered the factory BOV on my tt is faulty, seal under spring has worn away and when accelerating can hear the car trying to dump the boost so to speak.

so im looking to get a replacement, would prefer a recirculating BOV, but opinions are welcome.

just looking to know whats best on the market just now and your own views of what you's have fitted.

thanks in advance!

this may be a stupid question but why have you got 2 installed bud?

Just cos I can really mate. Everything else about the cars a bit crazy so thought why not. I'm hoping that they go off with a slight time delay as there opposite ends of the cooler.

You could either

1. Remove the stock BOV and run without one.

2. Fit a replacement stock BOV, contact Keron for a 2nd hand one.

3. Fit an after market vent to atmosphere BOV.

4. Fit an aftermarket BOV with a recirculation kit.

The most popular - and one the most reliable - aftermarket BOV's is the HKS SSQV, this is available as a complete kit to replace the stock BOV - 71007-AT012 HKS SSQV Kit - JZA80 and there is also a recirculation kit available separately - 71002-AT002 HKS SSQV Recirculation Kit - JZA80