The mkiv Supra Owners Club

*sigh* Someone went into the side of me this morning.

marc_p

Luckily it wasn't the Aerotop as I would have been in tears, it was the N/A, but still annoyed as it's a nice car, wasn't my fault, some woman came out of a road straight into the side of me, luckily low speed so not 'too' much damage, basically, the damage done is:

Dent in rear quater just above back of side skirt

OEM Skirt cracked and scuffed

Scuffing on door(no visable dents)

Wheel slightly damaged(but drives fine)

Anyway, I was on the phone to the insurance this morning and have informed them that I don't want an approved bodyshop for repairs(as experiance of these before shows they do shoddy jobs and can take a year to fix after numerous returns) so I will be ringing the guy who did Aman's supe (opposite Jurgens) to see if he'll be able to book me in.

Think I'm not going to bother with a hire car either as these just p1ss me of aswell, I'll just use the Aerotop for a couple of weeks.

paul 07506562797

sorry to hear of accident

Cheers Jurgen, just been trying to find his number now as he gave me it when I was last up there, but god knows where I put it.

Sorry to hear about the crash, but at least your other car is another Supra! :)

Always a nice feeling, but I'm just going to be paranoid driving it.

Ouch, that sucks. Sounds like it should be easy enough on insurance, big PITA though. I swear people just don't pay attention...I had a woman pull out onto a country lane infront of me this morning, when it was blatantly obvious she didn't have enough time, or power.

Ouch, that sucks. Sounds like it should be easy enough on insurance, big PITA though. I swear people just don't pay attention...I had a woman pull out onto a country lane infront of me this morning, when it was blatantly obvious she didn't have enough time, or power.

Yeah, insurance company said it's all very straight forward as there was no denying it was her fault, she was very apologitic though and kept saying 'I'm so sorry', I said I'd get her a quote through first but I think it will be too much and will have to go through insurance.

Did panick when i first saw this, glad its just 'the NA' though.

Did the woman just not stop or was it road conditions, ice etc?

Basically it was kind of a disjointed cross roads, I turned right on to the main road and then she obviously looked my way, looked the other way and then just assumed nobody pulled out the other junction(where I pulled out of) so as I started to accelerate down the road, she just pulled out straight into the side of me.

Unlucky Marc. FWIW Paul (Jurgens guys) did a bit of touching up on my skirts when it came over from Japan as there was some paint missing from behind the front wheel. He also adjusted the skirts as they were catching the doors slightly. Wonderful job..!!

H.

Was she hot? Like Carrie hot? :D

Trust me, if she was hot then this thread would be me talking about how I got a hot girls number, rather than someone crashing into me.

Unlucky Marc. FWIW Paul (Jurgens guys) did a bit of touching up on my skirts when it came over from Japan as there was some paint missing from behind the front wheel. He also adjusted the skirts as they were catching the doors slightly. Wonderful job..!!

H.

Yeah, I was having a look at Aman's wide ass Supra he was doing and it looked like a nice job :)