The mkiv Supra Owners Club

gt28 twin turbos updated progress

fullthrottle

Hi everyone as some of you might no before christmas i purchased a set of gt28 turbos from the states then got ryan to install a syvecs ecu and map, with the result being 428 bhp.

So last friday i went back to see ryan for another remap but this time we installed some bigger injectors so out came my stock 550 and in went a set of sard 650 then we ran the boost upto 1.4 bar as you will see below i am getting close to the 500 mark that i want to achieve but i will need to install this AEM water injection that i have just bought and some 264 cams then we can run the boost upto 1.7 bar.

you will also notice from the graph that i am achieving 450 lb/ft of torque at 2400 rpm

also added a pic of my car as i have never done this on here before

i18901[1].jpg

dyno.2.jpg

Edited by fullthrottle (see edit history)

Nice looking car and well done on the results, have you not got an egt gauge? might be worth getting one that has an alarm for peace of mind.

Most powerful TT in the UK? any engine bay shots?

no mate i don't have an egt gauge, and to be honest i hate gauges all over the place i will have to look for one thats looks as if it was fitted by toyota, thanks for the comments on the car i prefer the stock looking lines with a bit of agressive detail of black trim, and maybe it might be the most powerful TT??

Would like to hear some more info about the whole project as I'm very intrested of taking my 1jz engine to the higher level. The numbers what you're having are very impresive.

Turbos and upgraded ECU, is this all what you really need when you are at BPU stage to make it work with no issues?

Michael.

Hi everyone as some of you might no before christmas i purchased a set of gt28 turbos from the states then got ryan to install a syvecs ecu and map, with the result being 428 bhp.

So last friday i went back to see ryan for another remap but this time we installed some bigger injectors so out came my stock 550 and in went a set of sard 650 then we ran the boost upto 1.4 bar as you will see below i am getting close to the 500 mark that i want to achieve but i will need to install this AEM water injection that i have just bought and some 264 cams then we can run the boost upto 1.7 bar.

you will also notice from the graph that i am achieving 450 lb/ft of tourque at 2400 rpm

Is this the Speed4Sale hybrid twin kit? If so, what are planning to do to reduce the boost/torque drop in the midrange?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I was hoping a few of the knowledgeable people could come on and expand on some theroies about hybrid setup's in general.

It is my understanding that the Speed4sale kit is a direct replacement and will run in the same way as the standard setup. Is this correct?