The mkiv Supra Owners Club

a question about mot

drift_bear

i have been out in the supra today just giving her a clean inside and i found the switch that i was for the rear fog light, i turned the lights on and then flicked the switch and went out to see where the foglight was located...............couldnt find it anywhere and checked all the places in the boot for a lose wire or somehing and still nothing, even checked 1 of the reverse lights and still nothing. i have checked the last mot and it passed fine and without any advisories. the question is do you need a rear fog light to pass an mot and if you do how come theres none on mine but still passed? :blink:

That small red light is the fog light switch. Me being stupid I put brand new looms now I don't know which wires connect where.

yeah i no its the switch, but i cant find where the bulb is though. its not in any of the reverse lights and theres not a light attached to the bumper like my old 1 was

maybe the previous owner chucked a dangly one on the rear bumper just for the mot and then removed it? Or maybe the garage you bought it from put it through the mot test themselfs and just overlooked it on the sly.. :search:

it was mot'd by a different garage before they got it. its not due till june anyway but was just playin on my mind lol

It should be a pair of brake lights bud. Make sure you are checking it at night. With the lights on and the switch flicked on 2 of the 4 brake lights should be lit on full, 2 should be lit as per normal night time lighting. When you brake all 4 will go to the same brightness.

It should be a pair of brake lights bud. Make sure you are checking it at night. With the lights on and the switch flicked on 2 of the 4 brake lights should be lit on full, 2 should be lit as per normal night time lighting. When you brake all 4 will go to the same brightness.

I checked that dude and nothing, i did happen to find a red cable thats running to the rear lights, will check it in daylight and see where it goes