The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A-T or 2jzgte swap?

paul_t

Hi everyone,

am looking at turbo'ing my supra later this year, but i don't know weather to get a N/A-T kit or just to swap to a 2jz gte, which is the best and what extras do i need to consider with both choices.

Am not really clued up on this just yet but any advice will be great.

Thanks, Paul.

If the car means something to you and you would prefer to keep it, then its an easy answer. A TT conversion, but bare in mind you will need to do sister mods such as brakes.

On the other hand Craig's NA/T, has opened my eyes to the fact that it can be done to be reliable and putting some good power to the road.

If the car means something to you and you would prefer to keep it, then its an easy answer. A TT conversion, but bare in mind you will need to do sister mods such as brakes.

On the other hand Craig's NA/T, has opened my eyes to the fact that it can be done to be reliable and putting some good power to the road.

I know this is a stupid question but what are the other sister mods that would need doing with the TT conversion

I know this is a stupid question but what are the other sister mods that would need doing with the TT conversion

Diff, prop & gearbox as a start.

Other potential items are the brakes, ABS (if your NA does have it), active spoiler (If your NA doesn't have it), suspension (mustn't use NA springs on an NA-TT!), insurance issues, plus lots more..

Unless your NA has a lot of money invested, a late model or something very special it makes no financial sense to convert it to a turbo.

seriously though if going tt then would you be able to cope if the engine ever went and you have to for out another £1000 + for a replacement ,if you can get hold of one.Whereas if the na -t engine went couple hundred and loads available.

Sorry mate, but that is a pretty ridiculous sceanrio to base a conversion decision on. There should be no circumstance that an engine "went" regardless of it being an NA-T, NA-TT or a proper GTE engine. The only reason to cause this would be poor installation, poor modifications or poor mapping. If things are done correctly an engine problem is an inconsequential point

how is it you would be buying a second hand engine to start with most with little history if any.Im just saying that there is no way i would spend out £1000 + for an engine .I would of thought most people would push their motor and wouldnt be driving like miss daisey.Are you seriously saying that the engines are indesrtuctable if the 3 things you state are done properly.