The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bpu advice

crispy

hey guys hope all are well ?:)

as you know im planning a tt and manual conversion over the next few months :D i will at the same time be going bpu:

am open to suggestions but have been looking at the;

.blitz advanced power air filter

or the

.blitz sus sonic air filter

can anyone tell me if one is any better than the other ?

also want to buy a koyo rad any suggestions where might be a good place to buy all of these products ?

cheers guys crispy;)

Hi Crispy and welcome.

Use the search and you will very quickly find the answers to all of your current questions and lots more relating to BPU. There is a excellent write up in the FAQs about BPU. Generally speaking, most say that an aftermarket air filter is not as good as the stock box and intake with a decent element inside. HKS do a drop in filter for the stock box, I know that for sure as I have one, and guess there are others too. Up to 500bhp this is reckoned to be the best way of acheiving cooler intakes, but that said, I have never seen any real test results on the supra to prove this theory. Take a look at Jevanso's enclosed filter, I reckon that's as good as it gets for after market in terms of avoiding heat soak.

As for the rads, there are a few about for sale and there was a group buy for a similar rad recenently, only thing is, if yours is an auto you may struggle to find a direct after market replacement with the tranny cooler built in.

Good luck and welcome.

hey guys hope all are well ?:)

as you know im planning a tt and manual conversion over the next few months :D i will at the same time be going bpu:

am open to suggestions but have been looking at the;

.blitz advanced power air filter

or the

.blitz sus sonic air filter

can anyone tell me if one is any better than the other ?

also want to buy a koyo rad any suggestions where might be a good place to buy all of these products ?

cheers guys crispy;)

Edited by Shane
typo correction (see edit history)

Hi,

I would agree with the majority in going with an uprated panel filter in your stock airbox as opposed to an induction kit at BPU level. My plan is to get the Apexi panel filter from Paul Whiffin of Whifbitz who is a recognised and well known approved trader/tuner on here. When I go single, I will get the Apexi induction kit or similar. IIRC not many people are fans of the Blitz kits but thats only what I can recall so just passing on what I heard! ;)

With your radiator, I believe Paul was doing a deal on these with a set of his polished rad clamps - have a look at the Whifbitz section under Approved Traders and see what you think.

Best of luck with it all.

Pete :)