The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK SUPRA- ALLOY UPGRADE SUGGESTIONS/ poss black 19" deep dish with chrome rim

Marcus GTE

Hi there, first post on the forum, been a mk3 driver/owner from 2003 and after a long search found my uk 95 TT silver mk4, lovely condition, 88k, black leather, auto. Love it. It loves petrol [sHOCK][/sHOCK] [GRIN][/GRIN]

Anyway, it currently has the stock 17" alloys on it. I was happy to have them as I think they can look better than some alternatives. I'm starting to think however that come the summer I would like an upgrade. I'm looking for a set of 19" or 18" 5 spoke black alloys with a deep dish chrome lip. They would have to fit over Uk brakes or if nice enough I would look into spacers.

Anybody got any suggestions? I think they would look gd on a silver supra. :)

Cheers for Reading

Marcus

Welcome to the club Marcus and congratulations on the new car :thumbs:

I'm starting to think however that come the summer I would like an upgrade.

'Upgrade' how just in looks? The bigger the diameter you go the more it will effect the handling/ride quality, 17" & 18" are probably the most common size fitted for this reason.

Have a look through the Club Garage for inspiration.

Also here are some links to some Japanese wheel manufacturers

http://www.wheelspecs.com/specs/

Weds Wheels

Rays Wheels (Volk, Gram Lights, G-Game, etc.)

Trafficstar Wheels

Advan Wheels

SSR Wheels

Enkei Wheels

Work Wheels

5Zigen

OZ Wheels

Do Luck Double Six Wheels

Blitz

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Josh- I like te stock wheels too mate. It took me ages to find a stock Uk supra I wanted. But think I'd like a nice new set of wheels.

Nix- interesting point. I don't have a body kit so 19" might look too big. It had bigger alloys on it when it was advertised but I didn't like them so had the stock ones put on. I think they were 18" but can't be sure as it was from a pic. I think this might have something to do with the fact the speedo reads a few mph more than the sat nav. Like it was re-calibrated for bigger wheels and not changed back. Previous owner was a lexis technician. Might be just me. Might be better with 18"- thanks- cheaper too ;)

marc_p- nice wheels. I'm watching a very simular set on eBay MANIARACING MONACO ALLOYS

Cheers for the other suggestions. Work tomorrow will be productive :)