The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V.Fast Car needed to race Ferrari on Channel 5

Guest NGA

Next Saturday we are filming episode 4 of "No Girls Allowed" (http://www.five.tv/nga) at Dunsfold Park (http://www.dunsfoldpark.com) where they also film Top Gear. We have three Ferraris coming in 348, 355 and a 360. the winner gets to compete in "Beauty and the Beast". the Ferrari will be the "Beauty" and I am looking for the Beast. Is your car up to it. Please email me with your contact details and a picture of your car with as much info as possible and we'll go from there.

This is for Saturday 24th July in Guildford.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it wouldn't be a straight line race though, there'd be cornering and stuff. We could work out a course so that you can finish on a long straight and use your nitro then?

Originally posted by Alex Holdroyd

Yep Paul Whiffin of Whifbitz is prolly in the best condition to help/I mean win :)

Fine if you dont mind a slow car ;) , dont worry about corners i could be so far ahead at each one i could get out and push it round :)

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by dude

Fine if you dont mind a slow car ;) , dont worry about corners i could be so far ahead at each one i could get out and push it round :)

Dude:flame Dev

lol - speed whore

You emailed him then dude?

Originally posted by AJI

I'd be well up for this as I have a Racing License and numerous Formula Ford races under my belt. But unfortunately my car isn't setup to beat a Ferrari 360 round a track.

Have you tampered with the standard setup in an adverse way?

If not it's more than adequate ;)

Well my UK-spec is running about 400bhp on stock suspension but I think that will not even get close to a properly driven Ferrari 360 round a track. Something like Paul Whiffin's car with huge BHP would 'reel' it in on the straights but through the corners a 360 will trounce a Supra. ('trounce' maybe a bit too severe word but it would be a good few mhp faster).

So it basically comes to the track layout and how many corners there are etc.

The 360 is a mid-engined sports car setup for track driving, the change of direction on these cars is a lot more than what a Supra can do with it's front engine setup.

I hope I'm proved wrong if a high powered Supra did go up against a Ferrari 360 but I think the pure racing pedigree of the Ferrari means anything but a stripped-out fully setup Supra would stand a chance. If this is what Paul has then I'd say go for it ! But I know my Supra is definately not capable. And also if Paul has done a number of track days and knows the limits of his car round corners then he most definately is the prime candidate for this challenge.