The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Test drove my first supra today!

NathWraith

Hi guys,

Being looking at NA supras for a while and finally got a chance to test drive one today :)

It was a 94 NA manual with 78k on the clock and only 2 previous owners. Condition of the car was mint inside and out. Bad point were that it needs balancing, began to pull to the right slightly at higher speeds and the alloys are fairly cheap affairs.

Spoke to the garage about the balancing and they said they can get it sorted so looking forward to a second test drive once the balancing has been done.

All in all very impressed by the supra, very powerful and the gearbox is gorgeous to play with! I'm sure you guys all know and love this but just wanted to share my first time( that's sounds kinda weird now lol).

Garage are asking 3.5k for her. Not talked about price with the garage but if I can get her for 3k I think it's a damn good deal and the added bonus the garage is only 3 miles from my house!

Fixed your link for you.

Make sure the garage recognise and agree to fix the problem with the handling before you commit to buy :)

Cheers for that :)

And yeah gonna offer lower than 3k and then see what happens hoping to settle for a 3k middle ground so to speak.

To spike3.0 your car looks sweet man! You selling at the moment? Wouldn't mind coming to have a look if you are :) whereabouts in Cheshire are you?

Pulling to one side isnt balancing, the tracking is out so needs a wheel alignment doing, did you check the tyres for uneven wear ?

If the NA is the same as the TT suspension wise then the rear track (toe in toe out) can also be adjusted so it would need at the minimum a 4 wheel aligment doing to be sure its right and save you from eating tyres.

Was there any history, proof of mileage etc with the car ?

Imo It would be better to wait for someone from forum who would be selling his sup. You can't go wrong with forum cars :)

Good luck in your search :)

Think you need to judge any car on its own merrits, even members cars. I've see a few i wouldn't touch with a long stick.

It can certainly help a potential buyer though as you can read through the owners posts and get a feel for how they've treated the car etc etc

Imo It would be better to wait for someone from forum who would be selling his sup. You can't go wrong with forum cars :)

Good luck in your search :)

Good call.

When I was searching for one I didn't look anywhere but on here. The choice may have been limited but at least you can look through the person's posts and see if they have had any problems with the car and if so, how they resolved them.

Pulling to one side isnt balancing, the tracking is out so needs a wheel alignment doing, did you check the tyres for uneven wear ?

If the NA is the same as the TT suspension wise then the rear track (toe in toe out) can also be adjusted so it would need at the minimum a 4 wheel aligment doing to be sure its right and save you from eating tyres.

Was there any history, proof of mileage etc with the car ?

Tyres were fine had planty of tread left. Spoke to the garage today. The yare getting the Supra balanced and aligned also before Saturday. So I will post back here after the second test drive :)

Checked all the paper work. 2 owners 78K on clock and all service history was included. Looks promising we will see what i can do with the price on Saturday!

Tyres were fine had planty of tread left. Spoke to the garage today. The yare getting the Supra balanced and aligned also before Saturday. So I will post back here after the second test drive :)

Checked all the paper work. 2 owners 78K on clock and all service history was included. Looks promising we will see what i can do with the price on Saturday!

As long as all is ok then that's great :)

You could be cheeky and see if anyone off here that lives in the area would go with you to have a look at the car to make sure it's all good.

Hope it works out for you!

As long as all is ok then that's great :)

You could be cheeky and see if anyone off here that lives in the area would go with you to have a look at the car to make sure it's all good.

Hope it works out for you!

Went down with my manager from work yesterday, he's owned quite a few cars got an EVO X at the moment and he had a drive also. I trust his opnions on cars as he is very much a petrol head lol. Going down with my stepdad on Saturday so then I will have alot more than just my own opnion to go off. Which is good as these cars are easy to fall in love with!

Went down with my manager from work yesterday, he's owned quite a few cars got an EVO X at the moment and he had a drive also. I trust his opnions on cars as he is very much a petrol head lol. Going down with my stepdad on Saturday so then I will have alot more than just my own opnion to go off. Which is good as these cars are easy to fall in love with!

Ah great stuff, looks like you're doing all the right things :)

Nice attitude towards buying the car! I bet if I hadn't have been a member on here when I bought mine, I'd have just bought the first one I saw :thumbs:

Edit: To be honest, I did buy the first one I saw but it was a good deal from the start ;)

Well took the supra for another drive today. Arrived at the garage and the begin telling me that they have only aligned and balanced the front wheels but are 'getting around' to doing the rears. This doesn't inspire me with confidence as they promised to sort it for me.

Anyways took the car out and was a better rid than before, however it was rather frosty here today so decided to put the rear heated window on, well 10 mins later and still nothing :( So taking the car up the normal dual carriage way I notice a lot of noise/bumpiness coming from the rear left wheel. Sounded like the left rear shocks were bottoming out, wasn't,t looking very good!

So left the garage today fairly disappointed and told them I would call them this week for my decision. But tbh at the moment it doesn't seem very good!

Well took the supra for another drive today. Arrived at the garage and the begin telling me that they have only aligned and balanced the front wheels but are 'getting around' to doing the rears. This doesn't inspire me with confidence as they promised to sort it for me.

Anyways took the car out and was a better rid than before, however it was rather frosty here today so decided to put the rear heated window on, well 10 mins later and still nothing :( So taking the car up the normal dual carriage way I notice a lot of noise/bumpiness coming from the rear left wheel. Sounded like the left rear shocks were bottoming out, wasn't,t looking very good!

So left the garage today fairly disappointed and told them I would call them this week for my decision. But tbh at the moment it doesn't seem very good!

Walk away..!!

There will be plenty of decent cars come up between now and the summer. You could get a facelift for 4K..!!

H.

Walk away..!!

There will be plenty of decent cars come up between now and the summer. You could get a facelift for 4K..!!

H.

I do hope so! I'm not in a massive rush to buy, I just want to get the right car. Have considered going the whole hog and opting for a UK TT6 however it is a whole different price bracket.