The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra and ferrari

Guest Nicola

Guest Nicola

This has just been posted on the Toyota Owners site.

'Do you reckon your Toyota could beat a Ferrari round the Top Gear circuit live on channel Five. Would you like to have a go? Believe me this is for real. You need to be available early on Saturday 24th July.

Please email me your contact details (and ideally a picture of your car) to [email protected]

Supras preferred but I'm open to suggestions'.

I don't know if this is genuine and I know almost everyone will be at JAE that day.

Who is going to be brave and ask them?

Why would Channel 5 be using the BBC's location when they have their own at Bentwaters?

"A Ferrari" - yeah I could beat lots of them, others I might not be able to, define "Ferrari"

If it's "live" on the 24th why doesn't the Ch5 schedule show it?

I can see "No Man's Land 35 - All Blonde Edition" in the schedule for the 23rd (not on 5) and that features "Nina Ferrari" - maybe it's that?

Elaborate scam to extract details of owners cars so they can make a "Gone in 60 Seconds" style shopping list?

Guest Nicola

I have just seen the listing on the channel 5 schedule.

Its on at 11am on Saturday morning.

The programme is called No Girls Allowed.

I have just asked the organisers for more info.

Ah, I hadn't considered it might be a children's programme!

"Live programme aimed at young boys, full of facts and figures about the latest cars, games and tricks, presented by Joe Challands and Nigel Clarke. In this programme, a racing quad bike is pitted against the brand new Ford off-road concept vehicle, and the world's first rotten fruit slam dunk competition takes place in X Sports. Plus How Hard Are Your Jeans."

I suspect a lot people will be at the JAE though.

Guest Nicola

I have a reply...

Well we have 3 ferarris on the show, a 355, a 348 and 360. The winner will get to take part in a feature called Beauty and the Beast, the Ferarri will be the Beauty and I am looking for the beast (no offence intended). We want the Ferarri to lose!

Haha, despite it being a kids programme I watched a bit while flicking through the early morning weekend programmes. They had superbikes doing stoppies and wheelies. In next weeks programme they said they were racing Japan vs British with a NSX vs Exige. So they obviously like their competitions, could be good.

Hi it's me,

I posted on the Toyota website. If you know anyone who has a car that is up to it we literally want you to come down and burn it round our track in a time challenge against the leading ferrari. We'd also do a feature on the car and an interview with the driver.

Who is Paul Whiffin and the fabled car that you speak of?

Thaught i could stop at Guildford and teach the Italian stallion a lesson then pop up to Billing then shoot over to the pod and see if we can run a Low 10 on the Sunday , 1 things for sure my car will make the Fiat sound like a sewing machine :eek:

Dude:flame Dev