The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice

T2 MSW

Based on the fact the car is really only used for track use now which would I be better doing.

I have an issue that the back of the car does not feel as planted as I would like. Its had geo done a few times and a decent diff put in. I think one of the reasons is I run the teins too hard but even so under power it feels like the back floats about.

So the next thing im thinking about is changing all the suspention bushes. As far as I can see I have three options :-

1) replace with a full poly bush kit

2) replace all the arms with stock toyota, and refresh the ball joint as well

3) replace with something like the IIkeya range (cost really rules this one out)

What are peoples experience of changing either bushes or arms and which would people in the know recommend.

Cheers

2) replace all the arms with stock toyota, and refresh the ball joint as well

I regretted fitting the powerflex bushes, they wore out in no time (maybe 5000-8000 road miles) and gave a terrible feel, rear end was alive, now back on new OEM arms the car feels planted once again.

I regretted fitting the powerflex bushes, they wore out in no time (maybe 5000-8000 road miles) and gave a terrible feel, rear end was alive, now back on new OEM arms the car feels planted once again.

Really, that does supprise me. Do you put that down to just being on the road or IYO crap quality bushes? Did you do any track time in it on said bushes?

mmm, maybe the polybush kit is not the best idea then and poss whats wrong with mine. The rear tow arms have already been changed once so maybe they are knakered.

Cheers for the input Jamie, Ill see what others experience is and take it from there. From what you have said im thinking stock arms route.

Depends how seriously you take the track experience and the amount of money you want to spend.

The ultimate option for the track would be to fit the Ikeya Formula components, but it is by far the most expensive.

The next best option and one that will make a huge difference to the handling, grip and ride quality is to fit new OEM components, again not cheap but a fair bit cheaper than the Ikeya Formula route. Good write up HERE by Ian after overhauling his suspension.

I wouldn't fit poly bushes on my car.

Depends how seriously you take the track experience and the amount of money you want to spend.

The ultimate option for the track would be to fit the Ikeya Formula components, but it is by far the most expensive.

The next best option and one that will make a huge difference to the handling, grip and ride quality is to fit new OEM components, again not cheap but a fair bit cheaper than the Ikeya Formula route. Good write up HERE by Ian after overhauling his suspension.

I wouldn't fit poly bushes on my car.

How are you Nic?

Any chance you're going to pick up the reins and start trading again. You did a great price for Ian in that thread. We need our man in HK back in business. :)

Get your credit card out dude! your gonna need it :D

Get ya ass on FB and read your messages ;)

Oops. Sorry Mike. Forgot to put my two penneth vote in . OEM bud. :) How're you guys keeping up there?

LOL, not bad fella. Well if people are voting for OEM there must be a good reason. Perhaps thats the next path to investigate.

I did all new OEM in the summer - pricey but seemed like the best option after weighing it all up with ball joints/removing old bushes/pressing in new etc etc.

To be honest, it didn't feel any different afterwards though. Pricey preventative maintenance. Doh!!!! :faint:

I did all new OEM in the summer - pricey but seemed like the best option after weighing it all up with ball joints/removing old bushes/pressing in new etc etc.

To be honest, it didn't feel any different afterwards though. Pricey preventative maintenance. Doh!!!! :faint:

Mmm, maybe Ill just do the rear where the issue is now and see what a difference it makes. Then look at doing the front at a later date.

Take it to Chris Wilson and get him to have a look :thumbs:

Chris is excellent and well respected but if you want that knowledge you have to pay for it.

Plus Chris wont touch it as its not stock ;)

On this particular issue I dont think I need it. There is play in at least one of the bushes and its just a replace with stock job by the look of the advise. The car will be going to WIM after the changes for a full corner weight and geo setup.