The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this a step too far?

Scott

I was painting some bits from my bay and decided, as per my current theme, to paint the cap screws of my spark plug cover red. In my head I thought it would look great, but I must admit I'm now 50/50.

Now, not that your opinion will sway me but, what do you reckon?

http://184.72.239.143/mu/d4b78001-9222-1329.jpg

I definitely won't be going anodised as I don't like the red that they come out with. I might get some new caps and see if I can get them powdercoated or something.

In the meantime I will give these another coat as there are patches lol.

I'm thinking about doing the logo red and changing the screws to black. I might just have a go with the logo just now to see what it comes out like with the screws as they are. Even powdercoated/anodised I don't think they would look particularly great but I doubt it would cost much to suck it and see.

Need to figure out a way of doing the logo without making it look rough though. I'm thinking mini roller :D

That's what I had, I don't want any shiney bits though. I had the SS ones rather than the chrome.

I'll fit it tomorrow and see how it looks, I still have my reservations though.

Just in from work, the quality of that pic is shocking.... looks like they could be anodized so dunno how you guys are saying it looks cheap but anodized won't :blink:

Rob, my name's Scott.... not John. And stop putting ideas in my head, I'll want to try it lol.

Ok, it is definitely a step too far. Took it out and fitted it on the car, if you squint at it quickly it looks great but if you actually look at it, it would appear my car has caught the chicken pox. Screws are going black and the writing is going red (On the cover, not the screws). I'll use this cover as a practice one as the coating is absolutely wrecked on it. I tried to peel back the layers but I got 4 deep and decided just to give up and go nuts with the spray lol.

Wanted....... spark plug cover.