The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Active front spoiler

Slicknick

Anyone actually notice a difference with one of these in the down position, I will be fitting mine this month so interested to know.

Might be in my head but I think it makes the front feel more stable. Not much of a change but to me defintaly feels a bit more planted.

• 1 month later...
Guest dervbas

I am a newbie and really want active front spoiler on my first Supra. Can anyone give me the lowdown on which Supra models have the active aero fitted stock and which don't?

So far I believe the following variables come into play but I am not certain how it works:

* If its a UK spec or JDM

* Different models i.e. GZ SZ etc. etc?

* Year of model?

Thanks in advance!

I am a newbie and really want active front spoiler on my first Supra. Can anyone give me the lowdown on which Supra models have the active aero fitted stock and which don't?

So far I believe the following variables come into play but I am not certain how it works:

* If its a UK spec or JDM

* Different models i.e. GZ SZ etc. etc?

* Year of model?

Thanks in advance!

Have a read of this: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?59334-Supra-Guide-and-Model-Differences-Chart

Also on Japanese Imports the deployment speed is dependent on how your speed conversion has been installed, it may actually not deploy until much higher speeds because it has been fed with the wrong speed signal.

Really interesting. I've noticed this with mine and I though it was due to a dodgy/crappy SLD. Can you give more info on why it is different with J-spec and why some SLD's will result in this and others won't?

Mine comes down at 90mph and goes up again at 75mph which is really annoying. It means that it wont stay down during motorway driving or track driving when needed.

Might be in my head but I think it makes the front feel more stable. Not much of a change but to me defintaly feels a bit more planted.

If you really use your car at high speeds (autobahn, FAST trackdays) you should be able to feel it. An aftermarked lip does more or less the same. A supra without a lip/active spoiler will feel "light" in the steering/front @ very high speeds (100mph+). A spoiler'ed/liip'ed will not suffer from this and will feel equally planted all the way to top speed.

Is it possible to alter the stock set up so that the spoiler will stay down (on the button) when you are at low speeds?

Cheers

You can (or could) buy one of Garfy's controllers that allows you to lower and raise it whenever you want

Is it possible to alter the stock set up so that the spoiler will stay down (on the button) when you are at low speeds?

Cheers

I'm sure you can just put it into the "down" position and do something to stop it going back up. People that have fitted FMICs must know how to lock it in the "down" position.