The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil Sandwich Plate

Scott

Looking to get an oil sandwich plate to allow me to put in an oil cooler and to also take pressure and temperature readings off of.

This one on ebay is rather cheap but I can't see any reason why the price would make any difference to billet aluminium?

Anyone used one of these? Or one similar? What are your thoughts on it?

What thread is it for the Supra?

Thanks folks.

I've looked into this too, greddy used to make one but are now not available, most people recommended on my thread to use 2 sandwich plates together and use a smaller oil filter.

That sounds like major overkill, really? 2 of them?

I've found a AN10 one on ebay, fair bit more expenisve but if that's what it costs that's what it costs.

Am I ok to use these till I get the oil cooler sorted out? In other words can I fit the sandwich plate just now, block up the outlets and just run it as a take off point until I get the cooler made up?

Yes -10 is better, but you may want to consider buying a proper thermostatic take off plate, in which case Mocal are the better ones.

How does the thermostatic plate work? Does it cut off the cooler until up to temperature or something?

Just found this. It's a similar price to the universal one but it doesn't have any take off points for the temperature pressure.

Do you have any links to suppliers for different Mocal plates?

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

Looking to get a sandwich plate as well and came across the following oil cooler kit that includes the plate.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270480558804&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

seems like it comes with all sorts of fitting to suit the various sizes of pressure and temp probes.

I was just looking at that, lol. Quality though?

Have u got a link to the one you have found please Scott?

This one

Looking to get a sandwich plate as well and came across the following oil cooler kit that includes the plate.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270480558804&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

seems like it comes with all sorts of fitting to suit the various sizes of pressure and temp probes.

I spotted those and I was all for getting one but it was pointed out to me that relocation kits just add hassle and more potential issues than they are worth. Not to mention the length of hose needed. I really want to get AN10 points for the cooler also, no mention of the sizes there. No mention of the amount of rows either, I'm looking for 19.

imi I had that kit, it was terrible went straight back to the supplier. The threads were all bad and the pipework didn't look to inspiring. just my opinion of course :)

thanks Jay - thats now off the cards :)

back to the hunt for a suitable sandwich plate

That looks like a good kit. Only missing the 1/8th ports for the temp and pressure.... I guess that is why you are thinking of using 2 though. I really don't fancy 2 to be honest.

Looking at the price of the lines and fittings that is a very reasonable price :)

Scott - have you managed to find a sandwich plate that has two ports for oil temp and oil pressure sensors + 2 more pors for Oil cooler with the -10 fitments (future addition)?

EDIT:

Think I will going down the route of a facelift / lexus - union bolt for the pressure sensor

and based on CW's advice here - will drop the oil temp sensor in the sump plug

Will give the sandwich plate a miss as dont see myself tracking the car anytime soon (no need for an oil cooler).

Edited by imi (see edit history)

Scott - have you managed to find a sandwich plate that has two ports for oil temp and oil pressure sensors + 2 more pors for Oil cooler with the -10 fitments (future addition)?

EDIT:

Think I will going down the route of a facelift / lexus - union bolt for the pressure sensor

and based on CW's advice here - will drop the oil temp sensor in the sump plug

Will give the sandwich plate a miss as dont see myself tracking the car anytime soon (no need for an oil cooler).

Yeah bud, the link you quoted has the ports for temp/pressure and the AN10 fitting ports. The little allen screw bits on the side are for the temp/press sensors.

I would love to go into the sump plug but I don't think I could get away with it due to the height and getting into my garage, going over speedbumps etc. The oil cooler is overkill for me too but it's something else crossed off that certainly won't hurt :D