The mkiv Supra Owners Club

E85 Petrol for you Supra....want to buy some drums for that special day.

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

am just starting this to get an idea who wants to run E85 on their car now and again..

i know a supplier who can deliver drums to us..

here is their current prices

R E85 racing 25 litre drum £79.73

R E85 racing 200 litre drum £591.02

am going to email them this week and try and get some discount but i need an idea, who wants the drums..

i thinks its best we opt for 200 litres..

am doing this for free and for NO PROFIT TO MYSELF.. i just want a better deal for my car so i can run E85 for special events or nice days.

so if you let me know your interested add your name and i will try and negotiate a deal for us..

also if anybody finds another place with better prices then let us know..

thanks

1-Jurgen 200 litres

:rolleyes:

I did read that...I get that there are benefits to the environment, support of local agriculture, the economy etc of using this...but meant in terms of benefits to the car!?

I've read that it tends to deteriorate non-synthetic and natural rubber fuel system parts and has a lower energy content than gasoline: Gasoline contains about 114,000 BTUs per gallon versus ethanol's 76,000 BTUs per gallon, which equates into reduced fuel mileage depending upon the fuel mixture percentage.:blink:

Just not 100% up on this and was curious as to the benefits of running it in the Supra!?

still pricey at almost £3 a litre, what does it cost at the forecourts? might be better just to take a drive and fill some drums.

I wonder if they'd charge you duty to import it when you got to the docks? If they make you pay UK fuel duty at the current rate you'll probably end up spending serious money...

I wonder if they'd charge you duty to import it when you got to the docks? If they make you pay UK fuel duty at the current rate you'll probably end up spending serious money...

Lost me there Gaz, who is talking about importing it? im asking what it costs at morrisons and the like, nearest e85 station i can find at present is Wellingborough, 68 miles from my door.

Lost me there Gaz, who is talking about importing it? im asking what it costs at morrisons and the like, nearest e85 station i can find at present is Wellingborough, 68 miles from my door.

Ooooh I thought you were on about going to Germany to get it as cheap as this guy does, my bad :)

Don't mean to spoil or high jack the thread but is E85 really that expensive in the UK? Here in Germany you can get it at certain petrol stations for 0,95-0,99€ per litre. :blink:

not sure on costs on morrisons..

but i guess to have it in a drum and some members might live miles from pumps..

here is website http://www.aaoil.co.uk/racing-R-E85-racing

i think it was the best price i found on a drum in UK..

but if we get a load of us maybe we can get a good deal.?

i have to get one anyway my nearest pump is 150 miles easy.

Interesting. I wonder it it would give more power on a bpu lol.

I good place for people to call into before suprapod :)

the price of e85 for 200 litres at forecourt is the same as the drum price..

but if we get some numbers we should get it cheaper than at the forecourt and including delivery.

Where have you seen the forecourt price listed? from what i read its the same price as petrol, (2 pence less a litre than petrol is all i can find listed) considerably cheaper than what aa oil want a litre, to pricey for me to consider.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I dint think it gives more power, just means you can run more boost, but not on stock tubbies, tell me if I'm wrong?

yes it gives more power as you can run it more aggressive..

just putting the fuel in does not give it more power.. it needs to be tweeked..

r35 gtr have around 40bhp-55bhp more with e85 vs normal fuel..

I dint think it gives more power, just means you can run more boost, but not on stock tubbies, tell me if I'm wrong?

No need to run E85 on stock turbos.

E85 is nice for single middle-large turbos. You can run way over 2 bar of boost, and still be on the safe side regarding detonation.

Where have you seen the forecourt price listed? from what i read its the same price as petrol, considerably cheaper than what aa oil want a litre, to pricey for me to consider.

http://www.morrisons.co.uk/corporate/press-office/Consumer-releases/Morrisons-opens-SCOTLANDS-First-Biothanol-E85-Fuel-Pump-in-Johnstone-/

according to this from 07 it was 2 pence lower than petrol..

for some reason i just browsed and seen 268. in 07 so presumed it must at least went uo to 295 ish by 2011..

but this was the share price..

also am not sure if you can fill up drums of petrol at forecourts ??

if you can then maybe this is the best way.