The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2JZ Destruction !!!!! Dont do this at home

mrgee2jz

My poor forged lump with cp pistons, carrillo rods, ported and polished head, hks cams

wtf
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif

It dropped a valve seat which then destroyed it,

Before

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3763374&l=c76113101e&id=512096710

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3761568&l=71e9b75396&id=512096710

After

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=261750&id=512096710&l=c82a71b49c

Did you put new valve seats in during the build? They shouldn't just fall out, they must have got seriously hot or had been fitted incorrectly.

Nope, standard seats, standard valves, the only things that were done to the head was porting/polishing and 3 or 5 angle valve grind, I don't remember which now, wasnt cheap!

Thats only the 2nd valve seat Ive heard of falling out, mine was the first and that was a stock head taken off a running car, excess heat from running lean could have done that but the chamber would be a very light colour.

Yeh same here, your the only other person I know, snap :)

Can't really tell the colour of the cylinder! What cylinder? Lol

What do think of stock pistons and carrillo rods for 850 hp? I've heard that's what a few boys are doing now, not sure how much of a beating they can take at constant load though?

After 30 hours non stop engine building we were finally at the hub Dyno, all was now revealed, the answer to why my old engine died, my aeromotive fuel setup (good for 1100hp) has now developed a problem and starts dropping fyel pressure above the 600hp mark, then the ecu pulls timing because of knock and you loose your valve seats, more investigation into the problem later today...

After 30 hours non stop engine building we were finally at the hub Dyno, all was now revealed, the answer to why my old engine died, my aeromotive fuel setup (good for 1100hp) has now developed a problem and starts dropping fyel pressure above the 600hp mark, then the ecu pulls timing because of knock and you loose your valve seats, more investigation into the problem later today...

sorry to see this

at least you have managed to source the problem the last thing you want is the new engine to experiance the same problems

please keep us updated,

i wonder if this is what happened to mine