The mkiv Supra Owners Club

315/35/17 tyres choice.HELP PLEASE!!

Bailey.

I plan to take my wheels off the week after next and get the fronts widened and ready to fit on the rear. So I need some advice on what's the best grippy/lasting tyres out there at the moment it's the bf goodrich g-force t/a dr's in the lead, but apparently they are a bit like beIng on an ice rink in the wet. The car is hopefully gunna make some good power, I want to get the best grip possible, and I want to get the arches rolled, suspension fitted and setup and the wheels and tyres sorted before I get the engine out, just so it done and ready for when the build is complete.

Any help or comments welcome here....

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

The R888s are a good tyre once they've got some heat in them, pretty shocking in the wet though but I suppose that's not a concern. They should last 2k if you don't go everywhere sideways - a single track day can kill them if you like oversteer. A lot of it is down to driving style though. They're a good compromise between cost and grip IMO. Surprisingly noisy, but that doesn't bother many Supra owners.

The R888s are a good tyre once they've got some heat in them, pretty shocking in the wet though but I suppose that's not a concern. They should last 2k if you don't go everywhere sideways - a single track day can kill them if you like oversteer. A lot of it is down to driving style though. They're a good compromise between cost and grip IMO. Surprisingly noisy, but that doesn't bother many Supra owners.

Noise wouldn't bother me mate tbh. Just want to get the most out the 11.5" rims . It's just a minefield as I've always stuck to falken 452's and Toyo t1r's.

The R888s aren't exactly great in the wet either dude. They're not useless, but after I got completely sideways at 90mph on the M23 in sixth gear because of aquaplaning I had to start admitting there are better tyres out there for wet weather driving.

I haven't tried the BF rubber so can't comment on them.

Does'nt look like they do the right size, only in 18's......grrrr....

How did you find the r888's james?

sorry mate didnt see the 17' bit.

the 888's are better than the Sp9000's that came off, but still struggle for traction until properly into 3rd gear....thats why ive bought some 315 A048R's :)