The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A legal drive...

neo2810

I just took a drive from Newcastle to Ambleside in the Supra to collect the shocks I bought off Jake and I managed the entire trip within the speed limit, I mean A roads and Motorways alike :blink:

It was a fuel consumption test really but it's a first for me. Just thought I'd share...

For those interested, I drove 220 miles round trip and used roughly 34 litres. About 24.5 miles to the gallon ... :)

As an aside, anyone driving around the lakes today be careful, there's flooding all over. On the bright side, I reckon my undercarriage is rid of any salt that may have hung on.

lol thats funny :D

'Tis true. Had some idiot in a Vectra come flying past me on a dual carriageway last night, he then pulled in front and slowed right down, then floored it off, then slowed down again. He pulled off and stopped in the road then indicated right. I had to stop behind him then he revved his engine and turned off to go back down the dual carriageway, blatantly trying to get me to follow him.

It was pretty pathetic of him!

Nice one :)

I still find the car fun just driving round town and on the motorway and A roads at the speed limit. Lots of people keep trying to race me though. Mainly middle-aged men in saloons.

Really? I get raced by tractors.

On topic however, 24.5mpg is pretty good. :) Nice one. Go team N/A!!! :D

Driving like a Granny (hardly more than 20% throttle and keeping the revs & speed low) on my regular trip back ot the west country I got 30.5mpg on my BPU TT, 32mpg with the single ;)

My NA is better on fuel day to day though, probably as I don't end up flooring it everywhere :D

Must admit I rarely break the speed limit these days...

Cheers Jake... I'm thinking I may want to change the o2 sensors. I reckon they are at least 9 years old. Mind you I tend to get 23mpg driving to work and back which is all stop start so I'd have expected a good 5mpg more on motorway driving. Maybe booting it "up" to the speed limit didn't help :innocent: