The mkiv Supra Owners Club

4WD Supra, how would you do it?

marc_p

I know this will have been asked on here before but when I did a search it just came up with an immense amount of unrelated threads and I couldn't see anything.

Anyway, my question is, how could you make a 2JZ powered Supra 4WD, I personally have know intentions of ever wanting to do it, but it was more out of curiosity on how you could do it, I assume it would need a Skyline style setup as that has a longitudinal(sp?) engine, but I don't know how that works either TBH, Would it be possibe to do it on the Getrag box aswell?

I know this will have been asked on here before but when I did a search it just came up with an immense amount of unrelated threads and I couldn't see anything.

Anyway, my question is, how could you make a 2JZ powered Supra 4WD, I personally have know intentions of ever wanting to do it, but it was more out of curiosity on how you could do it, I assume it would need a Skyline style setup as that has a longitudinal(sp?) engine, but I don't know how that works either TBH, Would it be possibe to do it on the Getrag box aswell?

Its been done.

ei7a8GBT4Xk

I was curious how they did it when I saw that car previously. as anyone heard anything about that car? Seemed to all go quiet, as if it didn't work ;)

Short prop to transfer box, transfer box to rear diff, transfer box to front diff?

Something like this I would imagine.

I was under the impression that the skyline gtr's front part of the transmission enters the engines sump? So I can't see how that would be used!

Did they make an aristo 4wd v8 edition? Perhaps use the drivetrain etc from that?!

EDIT: they do a v8 aristo using the 1uz, so no doubt you could use the transmission from that!

Edited by RobD (see edit history)

So does that mean you'd be restricted to automatic transmission? :(

Yeesh you boys want everything lol

Or for the snow :)

Yeah, good shout lol.

Fella's, fella's, fella's you don't need 4wd for snow, my aristo performed as well as any 4wd in the snow because I put proper winter/snow tyres on. Makes the world of difference. Push snow mode button to lock out first gear and kickdown floor it and let the TC do its job!!