The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Here we go is this the end

Terminator

Any one heard about the plans to ban mods unless they have been SVA'd.

Sounds like another way to screw us over.

Excuse me while I take another on up the rear:flame Dev :flame Dev :flame Dev

I this gets going what are the chances of stopping it from becoming law?

OMG it will be like France all Bling and no go.

I am on a mission to save the dark side or should I just buy shares in Miami GT? or start building track cars?

Modding a motor is a right of passage Discuss!!!!!

This is another case of them trying for direct money for nothing instead of indirect money for nothing.

Direct = "Tax" you for having mods on your car.

Indirect = Accept that the companies who fit/make mods pay taxes! Accept the punter is already paying 17.5% tax.

So we pay 3 times over instead of the usual 2. And people wonder why the cost of goods in the UK is so high!

I couldn't find anything as dramatic as I was led to expect either, can anyone point me to a specific section that says swapping the air filter will need a full SVA...? Not that I'm in favour of anything remotely stricter in the car world, barring maybe car thieves having their hands cut off :devil:

-Ian

Dont you just love the good ole UK, and to think my grandad and his bro fought and died for this place.

Tax, Tax, Tax and just in case youve got any left when you die they'll tax that, jesus and we put up with it and keep payin.

Think its time to relocate somewhere else, wonder how much to ship the car to OZ looks nice there and think i have a relative somewhere near Sydney.

Rant over, time for a coffee :)

Dunk

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Damn right.. look at this stuff!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3890127.stm

To be honest, if I was in a situation where I had done something that had gotten the police so pissed, that they had to use the "zapper" thing on me, as soon as I found the copper in front of me and the car had stalled, it would be time to pull the handbrake on just to see what would happen.

Bearing in mind, chances are this would be happening at high speed, it would probably be fairly interesting.....

As far as the SVA thing, which bit is it that's saying we're going to be stuffed, I scanned through it but couldn't see what the big problem would be. As far as I can tell the only real problem would arise if you've changed the chassis, in which case, you probably should have to re-register the car. Have I missed something?

Cheers

Tony