The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nice 6peed uk spec RSP

foggy147

You have to remember that he has said it was about 10 years ago and total loss is done on cost to repair against market value.....a UKTT6 must of still been worth a lot of money 10 years ago.

If only the sellar knew more about the reason for it being written off, what ever it was, it would have to help with the sale, even if only to give a buyer an idea what to check over

That said I would seriously consider it if I had the cash

hiya guys i dont know the reason for it been written off but i know i have had the whole car checked over and it is perfectly straight and as i say the only sign of damage was the filler in the rear arch, which wasnt deep anyway. Its a great car and it will do someone very well. There is actually some contraversy as to weather it should atually be on a hpi as one company says it isnt and they are adement its hpi clear but i got myself in to a spot of bother with them and they threatened me with court action so i just left it be. Im just being honest but someone will get a good genuine uk spec for a good price imo :)

Whats it on the register as, a cat d or c ? Im afraid this really hurts the value as far as the trade are concerned and also a lot of punters will be put off by this.

Its hard to see if it was only minor damage some 10 years ago how it got on the register, i'd be looking into this more seriously if it were mine and contact the DVLA to start with to try to get the true history on the car.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

They write supra's off for any kind of Quater panel damage. I've seen slightly dented quater panels get written off as a Cat C. I wouldn't let that put you off the car.

Good luck selling it mate.

I agree a lot of cars do end up on the register for what appears to be very little damage, this car could be exactly the same but the underlying issue is the trade will hit it hard value wise.

Also this was 10 years ago so it makes it even harder to believe it was only minor damage, how much was a UK TT 6speed worth then, 20k + ?

regardless what the damage was,

from an insurance point of it, if it gets severly damaged again, you wont be paid the market value for it,

it will be less. An insurance company wont want to lose money on the same car twice.

other than that tho looks a nice car! :) the price is low due to the write off part, obviously

I agree a lot of cars do end up on the register for what appears to be very little damage, this car could be exactly the same but the underlying issue is the trade will hit it hard value wise.

Also this was 10 years ago so it makes it even harder to believe it was only minor damage, how much was a UK TT 6speed worth then, 20k + ?

assuming they knew the true value of the UK Supra rather than the book value.

Nice to see some more pics of it in the other thread. Looks really tidy! It is a shame about the insurance issue but I'm sure it would make a great car. If I had the cash, I wouldn't mind considering for a first Supra!

It's only a label mate. If the car is like the owner says, it's a cracking buy IMO and from what you can see if the pics, probably in better condition than most cars without 'labels'. Cat write offs just say proceed with caution to me.