The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Prices of TT looms!

RobD

Just out of interest how much should I be looking at paying for a TT engine loom?

Recently I've been offered 3!

One at £90 delivered for a TT auto, I wouldve bought this but my mate had loads of trouble with the seller in question and didn't want the hassle!

Second was £150 for a TT6 loom which looking back I shouldn't bought now but at the time I thought it was a tad steep!

Today I have been offered one of a member for £350! It is a TT6 loom. The member seems a really good bloke but I'm not willing to pay that! I can buy one new from my works for not much more!

What's the most I should be looking at paying?

And am I being a tight ass?? :D

Just out of interest how much should I be looking at paying for a TT engine loom?

Recently I've been offered 3!

One at £90 delivered for a TT auto, I wouldve bought this but my mate had loads of trouble with the seller in question and didn't want the hassle!

Second was £150 for a TT6 loom which looking back I shouldn't bought now but at the time I thought it was a tad steep!

Today I have been offered one of a member for £350! It is a TT6 loom. The member seems a really good bloke but I'm not willing to pay that! I can buy one new from my works for not much more!

What's the most I should be looking at paying?

And am I being a tight ass?? :D

how much are they new??

I got a price from toyota a while back for a tt6 loom and it was over £1000.00!!

Yup been quoted the same myself a few years back, £350 sounds fine to me if its not been hacked about, how much can you get new ones for Rob, might be tempted if its as cheap as you say.

Its my loom that Rob's talking about, not chopped about, looked this morning and has an ignitor pack still on it, from a low mileage engine and looks almost new.

I went to Toyota Leicester and was quoted £1700 for a new one, slightly cheaper for an auto one, but still massive money. And is probably one of the main reasons I've decided against doing the engine swap on my aerotop and selling everything to buy a good tt as all the auto looms seem to have been chopped up to fit a 6 speed conversion or for singles.

The £90 one was off a member on here that my mate had ALOT of bad dealings with so I was reluctant to buy off him and face the same fate!

Just checked prices, I can't get a price for the TT6 loom but the auto is a grand with VAT on it! :(

The parts bloke must've gave me the price without VAT on it last time! :(

Just in case your thinking it, this thread isn't an attack on you or anything, I just can't justify spending that sort of money on a loom!

I can see your point about the prices at dealers etc also, but it's been nearly 9 years since the supra was in production, so in my eyes your loom is at least 8 years old! Good condition or not! Hense why I'm a little reluctant to part with the cash! :)

Its my loom that Rob's talking about, not chopped about, looked this morning and has an ignitor pack still on it, from a low mileage engine and looks almost new.

I went to Toyota Leicester and was quoted £1700 for a new one, slightly cheaper for an auto one, but still massive money. And is probably one of the main reasons I've decided against doing the engine swap on my aerotop and selling everything to buy a good tt as all the auto looms seem to have been chopped up to fit a 6 speed conversion or for singles.

I can get you as many as looms as you can possibley buy for 100GBP each .I don't know where you people get those stupidley high prices from.

I bought brand new loom for Motec for 900GBP and that is specific to my engine costum made by motec .

Rob don't wory Ill will get one sorted for you mate !

If members on here are happy to pay redicolus prices let them do so.

I can get you as many as looms as you can possibley buy for 100GBP each .I don't know where you people get those stupidley high prices from.

I bought brand new loom for Motec for 900GBP and that is specific to my engine costum made by motec .

£100 How? Are they oem?

stuart...if you can get them for £100 each...i'll take 5 defo...4 auto, 1 manual...pm me

Also interested in this, if you can get OEM or similar quality looms I'd buy a couple just for safe keeping!