The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trial rear questions...

Lee_e

Hey guys

Bit of a random one , but im after a picture of a sup with a trial rear fitted ... WITH the Rear side markers/lights ( you know , what the facelift sups have )

Havent seen one yet with them on, which bring me to my next question. If i removed the rear side markers/lights and filled it in etc would it fail the MOT ?

Also im having the trial rear done in white and wasnt sure which type of black to paint the diffuser part... im crossed between Matt black, satin or gloss.

cheers boys :)

just what i wanted to hear, cheers again dude.

would you recommend blending the side parts of the rear to the rear wing ? like others have done ... wasnt really sure if i liked it or not.:think:

+1 for not failing the MOT as they not neccessary in the UK, but that's only my assumption. I'd want 100% clarification from an MOT place ior the DVLA myself.

Obviously, the blend if up to you as it's personnal prefernce. I think it looks much better completely blended, but it's not as practical as you'll never been able to just remove the rear bumper and like Jazz says, the potential for cracks is higher. With regards to the cracks, my trial bumper is completely blended and it's been like that for two years with no cracks - I'd have it done again in an instant. It's the front bumper you never want to blend in! :D

And I'd go for a shiney black. Cars are supposed to look metalic / shiney IMO, matte black is just wrong.

This is a full blend with VS arches:

the blend like MattH one looks perfect to me, i'm not so keen on blueangels purely due to the removal of the 'step' taken out, looks 'too' blended to me.

no blend at all i think looks fine on black/darker coloured supras, due to the lines being less visable but i'd say on a white/lighter coloured supra the blend, and taking the chance of cracking is worth it as the line will be a lot more noticable.

Mine was fully blended quicksilver and gloss black it looked great. Never had cracking issues. Even when I bumped it a bit. It will also pass mot without side markers. Mine was facelift and it was fine. It would look odd a trial rear with them

Thats what i was thinking, i suppose its a simple enough job for a sprayer. so with all these lovely trial rears ive been shown.. im going to go with a slight blend ( just the top part that fits to the arch), remove the markers and fill them in.

Will probably be a pricey couple of days at the shop but it will all be worth it IMHO. does anyone have any recommendations on where to go other than my guy i use, i mean is there any traders on here close to west Sussex that wants to give me a quote :-)

cheers lads , much appreciated