The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra headlight bulbs

paddynewman

Having searched around, i've not come to a conclusion of which lights/bulbs to get.

Car is due an MOT soon, say next week and a bulb is dead.

Halfrauds said they dont have details of my car and I dont really have the time to take them out and drive there, working all day :(

Any idea of what bulb to buy? A link on ebay? its just a stock j spec 1994 NA... :search:

Having searched around, i've not come to a conclusion of which lights/bulbs to get.

FAQ section is your friend :)

Basically for all J-spec headlights you need

Low - 9005/HB3 - you will need to remove rib on wiring loom connector so it will fit

High - 9005/HB3

In term of colour 4300K is pure white, the higher the Kelvin number the bluer the light will be, 6500K would be the highest I would go, above that and you could have problems with the MOT and/or the Rozzers.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Unfortunately 4300k looks nothing like the above picture, imagine it between 4300 and 3000.

6000k is the best colour IMO. Of course that is only going off of the ones I have (6000 and 4300), not sure if different manufacturers produce different results.

Unfortunately 4300k looks nothing like the above picture, imagine it between 4300 and 3000.

6000k is the best colour IMO. Of course that is only going off of the ones I have (6000 and 4300), not sure if different manufacturers produce different results.

Yeah I have 6000k aswell and it looks perfect. I installed 8000k on my old car but they were too bright and I wouldn't recommend them or anything else above 6000k