The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wideband choice question

w41k3r

is there any real difference in these two wideband setups im looking to purchase one but thought i`d ask the wise, is there really any advantage to one over the other or will either be suitable thanks dave,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-DIGITAL-WIDEBAND-UEGO-CONTROLLER-FREE-SHIP-UK-/270660136399?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0499edcf#ht_3637wt_834

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INNOVATE-DB-BLUE-LED-WIDEBAND-GAUGE-KIT-LC-1-02-SENSOR-/290382630291?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439c274d93

There's not much to chose between them they both do what they're suppose to do, I went with the Innovate, the deciding factor was that it looked similar to the Defi BF gauges I also had fitted. :)

I went with the innovate as it is SOOOOOOOO much nicer :D

True that they both achieve the desired effect, although i still think the Innovate gets better rich resolution, but does nobody use the Innovate software?

Does the AEM even come with any data-log software, if so and its anything like the ECU software, then the Innovate stuff is far more intuitive and user friendly.

How rich does the Innovate go?

The logging would be handy if you didn't have a standalone - I used to used Techedge wideband stuff and always had heaps of stuff being switched in and out of the 0-5v inputs when working on Webers and SU carbs. The logging was a godsend :D

There's not much to chose between them they both do what they're suppose to do, I went with the Innovate, the deciding factor was that it looked similar to the Defi BF gauges I also had fitted. :)

I went with the innovate as it is SOOOOOOOO much nicer :D

How rich does the Innovate go?

The logging would be handy if you didn't have a standalone - I used to used Techedge wideband stuff and always had heaps of stuff being switched in and out of the 0-5v inputs when working on Webers and SU carbs. The logging was a godsend :D

I have heard it will go down to 8.6 AFR i have once logged 9.0 with a an over the top bit of injector DC, as for the software i have done all of my own PFC and EMU tuning using the data-log software, its very easy to mimic maps with it, so it make direct comparisons very easy;)